Good tea recipes?

There's bacterial tea which is good for veg n there's fungal tea which is good for flower. Mushroom compost, kelp, fish hydroslate are used to make a fungal. I'm new to making teas but research alot so if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I'm here to learn

I've never herd of either type of tea being better for a particular part of a plants life cycle. I like to have a bunch of organisms, fungi and bacteria.. the more the merrier. I think we get the most from Vermicompost that has had composted manure run thru it a 2nd time. We start our vermicompost bin with manure of some sort.. usually rabbit mixed with some saw dust then add in green manure, comfrey.

That mix with compost. Stir ... in a few weeks the composting process done and then we start adding in food/garden scraps and let the worms take over. That result has a crap ton of all sorts of organisms and great for a tea.

Can you point me to an article about fungal for flower and bacteria for VEG...

I use Mycorrhiza (fungal) and also bacteria from the vermicompost and EWC.... they all play well together and thought a diversity is the best??

I think he's just referring to a more fungal dominant tea(higher F:B ratio), which you can achieve by taking any compost and doing as was suggested, roll it in oats(fungi food) and leave it moist in a dark area, allowing the fungi to get a kick start prior to making the AACT....making it a higher F:B ratio...I'd also assume that he's drawing a parallel that because fungi are great at releasing P in soil, and cannabis enjoys more P in flower, that more fungi = better for flower since more release of P...A tea with a higher F:B like that is made more for trees, shrubs, bushes etc..they use more fungal dominated soils(forests)...

Marz need to remember that fungi also take much longer to establish themselves than bacteria do(they actually grow so the more time and the larger they get individually the better they function), so trying to boost fungi in flower doesn't really have a positive impact....the plant will try and control what it needs the most so it's best to try and let nature control itself and just feed it balanced instead of trying to "force" it(unless your actually dealing with some sort of problem)...hit the roots with mycos anytime you have access to them(seed, transplant etc.) as mycos needs to come in contact of roots within 24 hours of being wet or it dies off..and just regular AACTs will maintain a good balance of microbes

GOP - great explanation.... thank you. :Namaste:

I see a lot of folks try and skip past this step by adding in some high P amendment like Bat/bird guano for flower. I've done it sure and see results.

The down side with high P like guano and soft rock phosphate is they don't play well with the micro-herd in general and we risk killing them off with too much.

I like the balance aspect and how I try and do it. Balance in nature ..... a very good thing for all of us. A little bit of off balance and all of a sudden it's 20 below zero... and snow-zilla.

Kind of a double whammy with the guano too...while killing off the bacteria most of the P gets chemically locked up once in the soil anyways, and you're relying on a healthy balanced SFW to break it down and make it available to the plant :Namaste:

Any P excess in soil over 80 ppm significantly slows down breaking it down by mycorrhizal fungi, and puts them to sleep for good over 120 ppm. This is to say that if you're shooting for a healthy biota via LOS, P shouldn't exceed first value. Otherwise initial inoculation is a waste of time.

Good read on brewing TEAs for soil and highly recommended read:

Microbe Organics
I see this post is 2 yrs old so thank you for the link. I just spent a couple of hrs trying to digest Tim's essay. I did save several pages of excerpts for near future study. Thanks also for your continued posts on the subject of Teas. Me, I am just gathering knowledge to try another grow back in Indoor Soil. I had forged a few recent Hydro grows without the successes I that I wanted. I've done a few back-yard grows over the years, now I have time to grow & learn.

I see this post is 2 yrs old so thank you for the link. I just spent a couple of hrs trying to digest Tim's essay. I did save several pages of excerpts for near future study. Thanks also for your continued posts on the subject of Teas. Me, I am just gathering knowledge to try another grow back in Indoor Soil. I had forged a few recent Hydro grows without the successes I that I wanted. I've done a few back-yard grows over the years, now I have time to grow & learn.
Love that St. Francis quote!
Namaste

We can grow indoors same as we do in our outdoor gardens. Cannabis is a weed - it grows without a lot of thought and help from hoo-mans. More soil the smoother the grow in a container.

I haven't mixed up a tea for a while but when I do it's basic. Just 1/2 cup of kelp meal to a cup of EWC stir let it sit overnight and pour it in.

My soil I use over and over the microbes are still going strong plant to plant.

Back
Top Bottom