Grow closet?

voodoochild

hi all,

does anyone have any info on prefab grow closets? Considering the electricity bill I am running up I am thinking it would be less expensive in the long run to invest in a prefab grow room/closet. the one I have been looking at it 3'x2'x6'. it comes with everything - lights, ventilation, filter, etc...

problem is that the set up I have now gets so hot with a single 400w hps that I have to run an a/c unit in the room whenever the light is on. since the a/c is vented into the main rom it becomes unbearably hot and I have to run exhaust fans. one thing led to another and now the electricity bill is out of control.

i don't have any access to outside ventilation except for intake and exhaust pipes in the ceiling. only one door and no windows.

let me know if you have had any experience with these things. I see them advertised in high times.

Thanks,
VDC :peace:

Re: grow closet??

yeah i have seen this one called the caddy. its good but it cost like 1000 so if you have that money then go for it. it comes with everything. hydro systems and 400 watt hps with a cool tube and all ventilation. it was like sunlight sheds the caddy. i have seen one in a demonstration

I checked them out this past weekend - they are using air cooled lights. Since my current room is about the same size and I already have three times the amount of air movement capability, I am going to install an air-cooled light and see it how it pans out. Besides, the new light set up willbe a lot cheaper than the $1800 for the prefab closet.

Yeah - it's a lot of money, but with the electric bill, everything would even out in around 6-7 months.

BTW - my crop is looking pretty decent considering it is my first grow. Thanks to everyone here sharing the knowledge, it has definitely made a difference.

VDC

You don't think 11-17 lbs sounds excessive for that thing.. I would love to see 14 plants shoved in there under a 400... I would have to see it to believe it..:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom