don’t have a horse in this race but circling back to that other thing about nitrogen and granted it doesn’t mention nitrogen directly rather uses the term soil fertility…

here’s the link Paper from NIH

all this is way over my head but first sentence of this paragraph caught my eye

As observed for cannabinoids, terpenoid production increases with light exposure, but decreases with soil fertility (Langenheim, 1994), and this is supported by the glasshouse experience that demonstrates higher yields if plants experience relative nitrogen lack just prior to harvest (Potter, 2004), favouring floral over foliar growth. EO composition is much more genetically than environmentally determined, however (Franz and Novak, 2010), and while cannabis is allogamous and normally requires repeat selective breeding for maintenance of quality, this problem may be practically circumvented by vegetative propagation of high-performance plants under controlled environmental conditions (light, heat and humidity) (Potter, 2009), and such techniques have proven to provide notable consistency to tight tolerances as Good Manufacturing Practice for any pharmaceutical would require (Fischedick et al., 2010).

terpenoid production increases with light exposure, but decreases with soil fertility (Langenheim, 1994)

real head scratcher huh?

Good read, thanks.. Dam, it really seems like I'm bouncing back and forth with so many opposing viewpoints. This one is very interesting though. Looking at my feedcharts, I can see that the recommended amount of feed decreases late flower. This supports the viewpoint above. My feedcharts also stop giving N completely towards the end. Interesting.

Now I have no idea which way to go ! thanks.... (joking of course)

So now you see why I'm in the middle.... I'm feeding half veg and half bloom because, well, there seems to be two schools here.

It makes sense. Cannabis has repeatedly shown that certain stressors will cause greater production of the compounds and parts we’re looking for. It all has to do with its natural defenses. Like most psychoactive plants, the design is intended to make animals no longer want to ingest the plant. Unfortunately for the plants, we humans enjoy the intoxicating effects of their defenses so the harder they try to repel us, the more we come after them lol.

This article is why it’s important to understand the difference between available and bound nutrients. You can have a container full of Nitrogen that the plant doesn’t even know is there if you use certain sources, like feather meal for example.

@Ancient Green when you start your journal make sure to tag people here who have shown interest in following along. In case you don’t know, you just type the @ symbol immediately followed by the name. Usually the names will just pop up and you can press them. Good luck!

It makes sense. Cannabis has repeatedly shown that certain stressors will cause greater production of the compounds and parts we’re looking for. It all has to do with its natural defenses. Like most psychoactive plants, the design is intended to make animals no longer want to ingest the plant. Unfortunately for the plants, we humans enjoy the intoxicating effects of their defenses so the harder they try to repel us, the more we come after them lol.

This article is why it’s important to understand the difference between available and bound nutrients. You can have a container full of Nitrogen that the plant doesn’t even know is there if you use certain sources, like feather meal for example.

@Ancient Green when you start your journal make sure to tag people here who have shown interest in following along. In case you don’t know, you just type the @ symbol immediately followed by the name. Usually the names will just pop up and you can press them. Good luck!

Perfect, thanks for the tip on tagging. Thanks again for all the help all, I'll continue my current grow feeding a light mix of Foliage Pro, Bloom and Calmag.

I really wish you could go back an edit your threads here though, I'll wait until this grow is done to put up pictures. Otherwise they get all spread out over the journal.

Perfect, thanks for the tip on tagging. Thanks again for all the help all, I'll continue my current grow feeding a light mix of Foliage Pro, Bloom and Calmag.

I really wish you could go back an edit your threads here though, I'll wait until this grow is done to put up pictures. Otherwise they get all spread out over the journal.

You can upload photos to the site under your account where you can edit the name of the photo and the info it displays, as well as the tags like this photo:

Then, once its uploaded you can just use the gallery code tag as seen here to post the photo anywhere you want:

IMG_7421.jpeg

You can find the option to do this on the left hand side shown here:

IMG_7420.jpeg

If you look at the second two photos I posted with the red circling, you can see those are images I just inserted into this conversation. The first image is one I’ve uploaded to the site and you can see it comes with additional info

Or you can just insert them into a journal as well since uploading them and labeling them like that can be pretty tedious. However they’re only available in that specific journal and need to be inserted from your camera roll every time you want to use them.

You can upload photos to the site under your account where you can edit the name of the photo and the info it displays, as well as the tags like this photo:

Then, once its uploaded you can just use the gallery code tag as seen here to post the photo anywhere you want:

IMG_7421.jpeg

You can find the option to do this on the left hand side shown here:

IMG_7420.jpeg

If you look at the second two photos I posted with the red circling, you can see those are images I just inserted into this conversation. The first image is one I’ve uploaded to the site and you can see it comes with additional info

Or you can just insert them into a journal as well since uploading them and labeling them like that can be pretty tedious. However they’re only available in that specific journal and need to be inserted from your camera roll every time you want to use them.

Thanks much, lol didnt expect technical support as well, but I'll take it.

I'll probably create a journal and do each week sequentially at the same time. While looking at other peoples grow journals, its always a hassle to dig for the latest pictures and they get all spread out in between the chatter.

I'll also try your methods above, although I'm not sure if this would be seperate from the grow journal section. I'm an IT guy, so I'll figure it out. Thanks again.

Once you type a message and click on the “post reply” button it kicks off a timer at 420 mag. You then have 420 minutes (yup 7 hours) wherein you can edit that post. After 7 hours have elapsed your text is cast into digital concrete and no more edits are allowed.

The edit post button is just under the signature line but after 7 hours the button automagically disappears…

Once you type a message and click on the “post reply” button it kicks off a timer at 420 mag. You then have 420 minutes (yup 7 hours) wherein you can edit that post. After 7 hours have elapsed your text is cast into digital concrete and no more edits are allowed.

The edit post button is just under the signature line but after 7 hours the button automagically disappears…

420 minutes, pretty clever. I really wish they could take this off the grow journals though. It would be nice to see sequential pictures of a grow without having to jump around through many pages. I try to speed read the many journals here and get lost fast. In many cases, I have to go back to figure out who the OP is. Its like reading a book or watching a movie that jumps around in time. Grow journals can last 1/3 a year or more too, it can get really messy.

So, for my journal I'll post everything week by week on the first page. Its so much better to see the entire grow together if you ask me and keep it nice and simple. Then the following pages can go in any direction they want. The OP can post pictures of previous grows (can confuse) non OP people can post pics (can confuse)... but it wont matter because my entire grow will be on the first page.

I get it, its nice for everyone to chip in and work through a grow together real time. But, the downside is a messy grow journal, especially when reading old completed journals.

420 minutes, pretty clever. I really wish they could take this off the grow journals though. It would be nice to see sequential pictures of a grow without having to jump around through many pages. I try to speed read the many journals here and get lost fast. In many cases, I have to go back to figure out who the OP is. Its like reading a book or watching a movie that jumps around in time. Grow journals can last 1/3 a year or more too, it can get really messy.

So, for my journal I'll post everything week by week on the first page. Its so much better to see the entire grow together if you ask me and keep it nice and simple. Then the following pages can go in any direction they want. The OP can post pictures of previous grows (can confuse) non OP people can post pics (can confuse)... but it wont matter because my entire grow will be on the first page.

I get it, its nice for everyone to chip in and work through a grow together real time. But, the downside is a messy grow journal, esecially when reading old completed journals.
Couldn't agree more :thumb:

Expect a sample of what I'm taking about soon. I'll post a few of my older grows up to show how nice they are week by week on one page. I am into photgraphy as well, a hobby that goes really nice with growing weed. I have many pictures week by week for all of my grows.
Yep, me too with photography [see gallery/journals]
My journals are kept separate and fairly concise - my rule of thumb is only post with a pic if there's something to show

I do find 12 pics of the same seedling every day of the week a bit tedious, and I just plain avoid journals with 100+ pages because I can't follow what's going on, as you say

Here’s a link that covers it a bit more:

I got a paragraph or two into that article and ended up side-tracked. A buddy from high school got a degree from MSU and went to a university in Michigan's upper peninsula for another. He was working/involved in the use of accumlator plants as a way of cleaning up the heavy metals and other pollutants in the tailings ponds and tailings hills found near every mining area in that part of the state.

I am thinking I should send him a msg to see what he thinks about the project 50 years later.

I got a paragraph or two into that article and ended up side-tracked. A buddy from high school got a degree from MSU and went to a university in Michigan's upper peninsula for another. He was working/involved in the use of accumlator plants as a way of cleaning up the heavy metals and other pollutants in the tailings ponds and tailings hills found near every mining area in that part of the state.

I am thinking I should send him a msg to see what he thinks about the project 50 years later.

If you do send a message I’d be very interested to hear what he has to say. Personally I’m of the belief it is highly effective and one of our key methods moving forward. However I am admittedly biased toward Mother Nature. I believe that she has a remedy for every single one of our issues, to include completely sustainable and clean energy generation. It’s just a matter of us figuring out how to utilize her best.

I just posted a grow journal and tried the tag thing. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom