Growing Medical Pot Class Offered In Portsmouth Saturday

The General

New Hampshire - Those looking to make a career switch could be in for a unique opportunity Saturday as the newly formed National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws and the Cannabis Career Institute will host its first daylong medical marijuana class in Portsmouth. "I think that the most important aspect of this is that it's going to provide a well-rounded education to people who are interested in working in the medical marijuana industry," said Erica Golter, director of the NH NORML, which was founded last month. "Patients in our state are going to need to have properly-developed options for them. It's providing the education for the general public."

According to its website, the CCI, founded in 2008, focuses on teaching business technique to those aspiring to enter what founder Robert Calkin says is an industry ready to "explode." On Saturday, attendees (21 and over, of course) will learn about many aspects of the medical marijuana business from industry experts, who will help people learn how to have a legally compliant, successful business. "The main goal is to help people figure out how they fit in to the blossoming cannabis industry," Calkin said. "It's more about bringing them the information they need to make it relevant for their life."

Calkin said students come from all walks of life, from professionals looking to change careers to amateurs hoping to find a legal, responsible outlet in the industry. "We're teaching people how to comply with the law," Calkin said. "It's really Business 101 with a cannabis slant. Here are the rules, and here are the options. Once you know what the parameters are, then you can decide what you want to do." The CCI class will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. According to a press release, students will be able to meet "many leading experts in the industry." Cost for the daylong class is $249.

marijuana-plants-Indoor.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Fosters.com
Author: Kendall Salter
Contact: Fosters.com, Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME
Website: Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Sanford ME

Back
Top Bottom