Hang drying in a box.. outdoors?

Maryganja

So I was wondering. I'm living in a house where bringing marijuana in is not an option (I'm renting a room from a families house, growing outdoors) so I was wondering if it would be possible to hang dry weed outside? If so, if I were to hang dry it outside would that be a possibilty?

I was planning on preparing a box and hanging some strings from one side to the other of the box and using that to hang them on for future use. Would this be a good idea if curing indoors is not a possibility?

and whe im curing inside an air tight glass jar is it still possible to be able to smell the aroma of marijuana? because if not, then atleast I'll be safe to be taking them indoors while im curing them. And is burping the jar every 15 mins the only thing I need to do once I start curing in a jar? Or will I need to be taking them out again.

Input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much.

I''ve seen big outside grows will hang up outside in a barn, you should be fine.

wouldn't that decrease my buds in potency? or would it be just as good? I also want to know if the buds can still REAK havoc whilst in a jar? Or will the only stench be comming out from the burping?

as far as drying goes, they should have no light, about 45-55 % RH, 65-75 temp, and you should be good, and no they don't smell in glass mason jars.

as far as drying goes, they should have no light, about 45-55 % RH, 65-75 temp, and you should be good, and no they don't smell in glass mason jars.

65 to 75 celsius? or farenheight?

and if it's outside, how exactly am i suppose to keep it that warm inside the box? its just a simple cardboard box.
this is really frustrating me =\ because I no longer have confidence in myself to reach the point where i harvest because I'm scared that when all else fails my bud will just go to waste. I can't hang dry it indoors and doing it outside seems like it has a slim chance of working.

Fahrenheit, maybe put a blanket around it? .. thats just the optimal temps for drying.. it will work at others temps but don't give up! ;)

any suggestions on airflow and moisture in the air if i try the blanket method?
just finished setting up my box.

Thanks a lot btw, I really appreciate the help. As a new grower it's a real pain in the ass looking forward to the future because sometimes I think as if I'll never be able to get there. LOL

how cold does it get outside? maybe a couple small holes?
every cycle you grow you will learn something new or helpfull, so its always a learning experience. make sure your having fun growing ;)

I doubt it is ever going to get 65 Celsius since that is around 150 degrees Fahrenheit.

Drying outside is fine, in fact most of the commercial stuff in N. CA is dried for a few days outside. As long as it is dry and not raining. One trick you might try is "girdling". A week before they are done wrap a wire or zip tie around the stem and slowly strangle the plant. That stops the sugars from flowing to the roots and they move instead to the the buds. It will eventually kill the roots and the plants will die but in the meantime you will get bigger buds with a higher thc content, less harshness from Chlorophyll and a way shorter drying time. Originally that was how Acapulco Gold was done. It's a little bit tricky so if you want follow along on my journal. We should start the process in about 40 days.

Back
Top Bottom