Harvest Time is Almost Here!

Danner

So it'll be 8 weeks on Sunday since these beautiful ladies have been pulling up their skirts and showing me their flowers! I have 8 ladies in this grow of various strains. There's (2) Maui's (4) Void (1) Green Crack and (1) Headband. This is my 2nd grow, the first one turning out disastrous with a bug problem I never took care of, which this one almost ended the same way. I had gotten these girls from a buddy when they were probably a month old and immediately started having bug problems; however, instead of watching them all die like my first grow, though I did watch them wither for a couple weeks before acting, I found this website and actually started learning how to grow. Each one of these girls was on the verge of death at one point and now they're beautiful ladies about to have their last dance before the final reckoning! I just wanted to post some pics on here and say thank you to a community of selfless growers who willingly share with others their knowledge of this beautiful plant we all love. I think this website and the community of growers it represents is such an awesome tool, and from the bottom of my resin covered, slowly turning green thumb, I say THANK YOU to everyone for their free sharing of knowledge for the betterment of this beautiful plant!

First Up is the Green Crack. This plant is showing mostly cloudy trichomes with about 10-20% clear and about 5% amber. She's been the lankiest girl I have with many short plump bud sites:
IMAG12805.jpg

IMAG12783.jpg

IMAG12775.jpg

Next up is the two Mauis. These were the strongest growing girls with a result similar to the GC having many bud sights and short fat nugs. Trich color is similar to the GC above:
IMAG12844.jpg

IMAG12895.jpg

IMAG12942.jpg

IMAG13024.jpg

IMAG13003.jpg

The next couple pics are of the Headband and following HB are a couple of the Voids. These plants won't be quite ready come Sundays harvest. I'm thinking it'll be another week at the most before they're ready, but close none the less. The Void looks oh so sticky and yummy lol:
IMAG13044.jpg

IMAG13056.jpg

Void:
IMAG13153.jpg

IMAG13074.jpg

IMAG13184.jpg

IMAG13163.jpg

And here's just a couple random:
IMAG13234.jpg

IMAG12933.jpg

IMAG12874.jpg

IMAG13183.jpg

As you can see by the pics, the buds haven't really developed as well as I was hoping. They seem to be shorter in stature and never really filled in some places. I'm not totally sure why, but I'm still proud of the results I've accomplished. The next go around, which has already been started, will prove to be even more fruitful than this crop. The evolution of a grower is in progress here and I gotta say I'm loving every minute!!

Danner

Good job!! taking it to the finish!
...couldn't help but notice the stalk & stem color-- looks woody/dry... I would guess underfeeding/root issues.
when you reclaim the soil check the rootball to see how she grew out... whats in the pot after you chop will give you a good read on how you did... YMMV. Aloha!

Thank you LivenBurn!! Thanks for the piece of advice also, I'll definitely check out the root balls after harvest. What exactly should I be looking for? I did have them on a really weak feeding schedule. I don't know how much they were fed during vegge, but they were extras from a buddy so I'd be willing to bet they were somewhat neglected. Then when I got them I didn't start feeding them until after they recovered from the bug infestation and when I did start it was very low amounts. I didn't have a PPM meter until recently so I never measured the strenght of the nutes. I used GH FloraNova Bloom and basically followed the directions from the bottle for "early plant growth", and even then I was only doing half of the recommended amount. So your observation of under-feading may be spot on. Could this be the reason for the way the buds never really filled out also? Thanks again for your feedback, I really appreciate it!
Danner

Well everything is chopped and dried and currently curing. My final total was 251 grams (dried). That's from 8-plants under one 1000w light, which works out to 1/4 grm per watt. I set my goal at 1 lbs. or 1/2 gr. per watt and fell far short of that. I'm not too disappointed since I still got a decent amount of really good smoke, several decent size hash balls, and learned a ton from this grow. Things are looking up for the next harvest and I'll hopefully hit my goal which remains at 1/2 gr / watt.
Danner

Back
Top Bottom