Hello all!

josieschmoe

Hi everyone,

Guess I'm just trying to find some like-minded people. I just moved away from my small-town home in the south to big city Boston. I've been self-medicating for years, where I was living had no basic health care at all, not to mention no MM protection whatsoever. I'm really here for a shot at real health care, as my condition has mysteriously grown worse over the summer. I have been on an extreme bland diet for over 3 months, as bread and rice seem to be all I can tolerate, and still about 50% of the time I can't even keep those down. I've lost 35lbs in three months, and I was quite fit previous to this.

Moving here has been a total culture shock (but in a very, very good way). But it's been so many changes in just a couple of weeks. I decided to leave my "medicine" behind, I was very concerned about driving up through the southeast, where they don't take kindly to it at ALL. I've lived in the same town all my life, and realized I haven't gone out to "make friends" since high school. My boyfriend came up with me and we've been together since high school. (We are in our 30s and evil heathen freaks down there for not being legally married). I'd been getting my "medicine" from the same person since high school.

I much better at making "digital" friends, so I thought I could maybe start here. Many of my hometown friends are very rural and don't have internet or cell phone service at their homes and I haven't even talked to them yet since I have arrived two weeks ago.

No matter what, it's sure nice to live somewhere with a real library. I've never seen anything like it in my life!

josieschmoe :welcome: I'm right down the road from you in the Cape. Boston is a wonderful city! Massachusetts' is taken great strides towards becoming Cannabis Friendly, I fact it is a $100 ticket if they catch you with a OZ or less. Plus as you mentioned free health care. With some of the Best Hospitals, I assume that is also why you are in Boston. I hope you are able to get your Cannabis meds soon. It is a mega-College town that may help in your search. I can see how It would help you with your eating. Have they determined what ails you? Are you two sports fans? Boston is a HUGE sports city! Two future Red Sox Fans I hope. 420 is a Fantastic place to hang, We are a big Happy, High Family. Great Friendly Members, fun to mingle with. So spend some time and get to know us all here...ok. Wishing you and your BF A happy Year and a Easy adjustment to your new home. Bless you both! See you around. :peace:

Please take a little time to look at the December Contests going on NOW and VOTE..ok?
420 Contests

We have no idea what is happening to make me sick. I went to a doctor once and he took blood which he said seemed to be fine. He was the one that suggested that I move to Boston and told me about the MassHealth program. I have another family member here for a similar reason (the health care, not the ailment). I am staying with her until I can get my own place. Can't sign up for the insurance yet as my family member is on disability and really supposed to report another person in the household which would affect her benefits. So I am kind of in between on everything. Thanks for the replies, it's nice to know other people are reading!

Hi josieschmoe, :welcome: to the 420Mag forums. Stomach trouble here too. I do the white rice, farina, and applesauce thing when in trouble. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom