Hello - I'm new here and soon to be new grower

Hello all so I just wanted to chime back in and ask if anyone has used or using a BloomBox from BCNL company?

Sorry I'm late to the party. I use a BCNL bloombox and don't check this forum too much. I'll start following yours and I'm currently following one other. I grow in a bloombox for the same reason you do. They make some large claims, claims that I have yet to reach. That being said, I know a fellow who is hitting slightly larger numbers than they claim. He is an amazing grower and a massive influence and help on the forum I mentioned above. Based on your location you'll most likely want a water chiller. If you're in the US they are quite cheap, I'm in Canada where they are a lot pricier, I paid $250 for a used EcoPlus 1/10 horsepower and it is fantastic. No issues with root rot whatsoever. I have the silver nute package and I've added a couple of other things to help, Cannazym being one of them. I'm running a beneficial system as opposed to a sterile one. Anyways, I'm following you so please ask away and don't be shy to check that forum. As a customer it's free to access and the breadth of relevant knowledge is fantastic I find.
420-magazine-mobile1867267966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Maybe you've fallen off the forum? Or didn't continue to pursue this? I just harvested a little over 11oz from the crop in the photo above.

There doesn't seem to be. What would you like to know about the box? They're pretty good. They're great at teaching how to grow and I have hardly had to purchase since my first crop. Based on my most recent I'll never have to again. But there is a few additions that I believe are necessary, #1 being a chiller. Are you looking to purchase new?

Will you be giving the box it's own room?

Yes the box will have its room unless I need to temp move to another room for short period. I would like to buy new. I want to order it with lighting upgrade and internal fan upgrade.

Question...? "But there is a few additions that I believe are necessary, #1 being a chiller." What do you mean by chiller? Water chiller or my mind being chilled lol? If water chiller that is on my list along with the seeds and Co2 tank. Is there anything else that should be on my list? I want everything ready to go when the box gets here.

You're going to want to vent the flower chamber Grow lights to a different room. The biggest issues with these boxes are heat in a small space. Mine is in a 9x8 room in the basement. I vent the lights to a different room and don't grow in the summer. Water chiller is what I mean, 1/10 hp will be ample. You might buy a a/c unit depending on where you are but the chiller is #1. You'll need ph up and down. What nutrients are you going with?

The internal fan is just a 6" fan that can be purchased at any hydro store. I bought one at Canadian Tire for $10 and it's been going for 7 months. The plugs for everything inside the box (pumps etc) are switched to nylex connectors. I found and purchased a bunch along with their corresponding connector pins at a local electronics supply store. What I did with these is purchase a couple of extension cords and convert them, this way I can run normal power plugs in the box and not have to modify everything I buy.
You should buy the t5 upgrade because the 2700k t5 bulbs seem a little hard to come by.
If you're thinking about buying the LED light option you may want to wait. There are 2 people using it on the BCNL forum and they still seem to be working out the kinks.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I just harvested a scrog grow out of my BB and got over 11 oz dried flower and 3 oz of trim. Not bad for a 400 watt hps!

Maybe so because I dont see it. Just have alot so ask before I get set up. Then I will update here so all can see my progress.

Maybe so because I dont see it. Just have alot so ask before I get set up. Then I will update here so all can see my progress.

@thekushion I just tried to message you on here but it didn't allow it. Sorry I haven't been around I've been busy with work. I'll email.

Back
Top Bottom