Help i have root rot

novice101

i have an aeroponic sytem with a 5 gal res that i use technoflora BC nutes in. i have 12 plants now, but two days ago i had only 6, they were doing great, little youngsters but growing and rooting great. then i brought over some of my plants that a friend was growing and i noticed that the roots were brown/golden, i took them out of their pots and rinsed them all off with water and put them in my system with my other plants,,,, i woke up this morning and checked my girls like i always do and low and behold the roots on my youngins were brown as well. is it possible for it to spread that fast and how the heck can i get rid of it.... should i just pull the ones i just got and try to save my little ones or just trash them all... OR is there a way i can save them all.... note : my big ones that i just got are 4 weeks into flowering but they are droppy and root rot looking... PLEASE HELP:Namaste:

Re: help i have root rot

Roots should be white or pale yellow at worst, brown black and variations of that shade, indicate a serious problem..you situation is typical of a serious virus infection.
I do hope you have quarantined any likely survivors, with out further details I made guide you up the wrong path.

Best I can offer here is to totally disinfect your entire system once you have relocated potential survivors, you may buy time by foilar feeding a dilute solution of nutes, whilst bubbling clean water with a 5% bleach solution at room temp for 6-12 hours.

Good Luck

"V"

Re: help i have root rot

really bleach? i didnt know that was possible, i am trying a hydrogyn peroxide solution atm. and i got rid of the plants that i KNOW had it. the others are still a brownish color but have some white roots coming out of it now, should that mean that they are better off and can make it through it ????

Back
Top Bottom