Help me buy a light!

Driven at 100w, the Vero are a bit more efficient. At lower wattage, edge to the Cree. I was torn between 4x100W Vero or 8 x 50W Cree for a 2x4'. I went with the Cree for no good reason and will be trying them soon. I have my own reasons for only using LED.

Truth is, you'll need an inline fan and filter for that tent anyway. 200W of LED isn't enough for a 4x4. A good number is 600W for LED in that size. 400W minimum and 800W is killing it. For $500, you won't come close to touching a 600w HPS, cool tube/hood, fan/filter setup. I have red/blue LEDs, some with white, and now the COBs. The blurples work fine if your not underpowered. I am looking forward to trying 400W of Cree in 2x4.

The Veros are good and a bit cheaper. A 600W HPS is best low investment option. Let us know what you decide!

Edit: bought my last setup from Dan at Timber. Extremely professional and extremely patient. I know he answered the same questions I asked (Cree vs Vero) a hundred times before I ever called. Class act outfit and I recommend them if you go that way.

Back
Top Bottom