Help with diy led lights please!

Kushmaster216

Ok I want to build my own led panel for veg in my little grow cabinet. The dims are about 14x12 inches I would like to make my own. I do not want to order LEDs. If someone knows stores with the things I need please let me no I would like to salvage most or go to home depo radio shack walmart any places where I can get things. I would like it to be a good working panel for veg. Please give me your imput and please be detailed I am crafty n can build almost anything after I get a understand about it and is rather learn then buy so please someone help me out!!!! Thanks

Re: Help with diy led lights please!!!!!!

I have read online that you can just gotta know what your looking for an was wondering about people personal diy led panel so I can further my knowledge. So negative comments as you can't do it please keep to your self I do no it's possible and just gotta look around n try try try... If I have to order some thing I will but I'm trying to avoid that

image3779.jpg
image3705.jpg

Ok this is the idea I have for the panel 13 one watt LEDs 8 blue 5 red. That's the little veg cabinet I'm using. I'm currently using cfls in there but wanna try other things out n LEDs are good for small spaces cause heat problems... I need to know how to wire these to wall socket plug and I need to know what LEDs to get and what materials ill need for powering. I've read small ballast from home depo can work what do you guys think also where can I get some small led chips!!!!!! Help me out grow vets also if you get a chance check out my current journal in my sig and let me know what you think thanks everyone!!!

You mentioned in another post that your veg box is 2'x2'. You want a minimum of 100 watts of LEDs to cover that area properly for veg. Secondly, you do not want your red to blue ratio to be that heavy on the red side if this is meant to be solely for vegging. That much red will cause an increased internode length and make your plants stretch. It may be possible to by a wallpack (driver) at radio shack or wal-mart that will deliver the proper amperage (~300-330mA) for 1 watt diodes but getting one to drive the amperage and the voltage needed is not likely. High-power diodes are not able to be purchased in retail stores in the US currently. This is a federal law, so I'm not trying to give you negative comments. I'm telling you the facts. This is one of the best DIY led setups I have seen. He covers what he used and how he wired everything. When it comes to building DIY panels, I would venture to say that I am one of the most experienced with over 5 years and 250+ panels under my belt.

Thanks for the response you answered alot of things for me.. I'm going check the spectrum to more blue as you said I didn't even think that far ahead but I'm going to change them. Also I was wrong on my dims for the cabinet it's about 15x13x35 so how many watts do you think will be goo for that I really wanna get this to work. I found a website call rapid led that I can but a driver from and also LEDs just not sure which one n what nm to get this of that sort let me know please!!'

An area that size needs about 50 watts of LED for veg. You can buy diodes at Mouser, Digikey, Avent or the like component retailer or one of the sites listed below. The 3 sites listed below also sell drivers and heat sinks. If you are looking for a pre-made panel, you may want to look for a 90 watt UFO veg panel. Sara may have something of that nature. Most panel sellers do not make anything below 150 watts.

LEDs | LED Drivers, Optics, Heatsinks & LED Kits | LEDSupply.com
LEDs
Categories - LEDGroupBuy.com

Back
Top Bottom