Hemp seeds and drug testing - Read this

BooBoo18

All,

Army regs prohibit eating popular health bar-Hemp seeds source of protein, banned by DA | Article | The United States Army

I eat unshelled hemp seeds daily, and in large quantities. I have high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease.

Seems that eating hemp seeds, a LEGAL PRODUCT, can cause you to fail a drug test.

Read the above article, all of it, and when you realize that:

1: The army (just last year) has banned hemp seeds because it may cause military personnel to fail drug tests, and

2: One of the doctors admits that about 1 in 5 people can fail a drug test because they eat hemp seeds...

, anyone that has failed a drug test for THC and eats hemp seeds has at legitimate reason why they failed.

If hemp seeds did not lead to the possibility of failing a drug test, why did the US military say this:

Army Regulation 600-85 para 4-2, (p) states that, "…Soldiers are prohibited from using Hemp or products containing Hemp oil." And the "…Violations of paragraph 4-2 (p) may subject offenders to punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice and or administrative action."

In other words, if you're in the military and you mix LEGAL hemp seeds into your smoothie, you can get prosecuted by the military. Think about that for a few seconds.

Now, what happens if you, just the average non-military Joe or Jane, fail a pee test AND you consume large quantities of legally purchased hemp seeds? I know I go through pounds of them a week. I put them in my smoothies twice a day, at least, and sprinkle handfuls on my salads daily. I also snack on them.

Are you the 1 in 5 the medical doctor in the article above states can fail a pee test for eating healthy, LEGAL seeds?

If the hemp seed didn't lead to the possibility of a failed drug test, why did the military not only ban it, but make it illegal for military personnel to merely possess it?

Discuss.

Back
Top Bottom