Hi new grower here.

KarlJay

Hi, I'm trying to start a new grow. It'll be my 1st and I have very little background. I signed up to see if I could post a few questions to help me out, but it won't allow me to create a new post in the grow area of the forum.

Background: I'm using a wooden shed to do an inside grow. The 1st grow will be in winter so I need a heat source. I've seen where raised CO2 helps growth and natural gas heaters can produce CO2. I also see where some create their own CO2 using vinegar/baking soda on YouTube.

I can run natural gas into the shed and get a burner set up or I can use an electric space heater. I have 110volt 15 amp service inside the shed and intend on using about 1000W of CLF for a 4'x4' space that'll be insulated to R16 with a low temp of about 28 (Central valley, Northern California).

The space heater is probably 1500 watts.

The natural gas heater would be either a new purchase $70 or a gas dryer part.

Note: the shed is close to the house and I have a vent 2' from it, so I can vent warm air into the shed if I'm past the limit on a 15amp plug. Also, I can run a new service if needed.

I don't know how many plants, someone else is handling that, but my guess is the most that'll fit in a 4x4 space, and he wants to go all hydro, no dirt, so we still have air pumps / fans etc...

Q. Is a 1500W space heater fine for a fully insulated 4x4 6' tall room?
Q. is making CO2 worth the cost/trouble and do I need a CO2 gauge/detector [$200+] or is there some size guide that I can use without buying an expensive gauge?

Sorry for the long post in an into, but it wouldn't let be post in the other forums.

Welcome! Ur in the right place there are tons of Great people on here wit tons of knowledge of the wonderful plant that we all Love and they
All are friendly so cruz around and look read and
chat.Now on to ur question,1. Ur space is great for
A nice grow i use the exact size as u but because ur outside
ur only problem would be at night, which would be the only
time u would have to run ur heater, with a 400watt Hps/mh going
In that space heat would not be a problem(in winter) my temp in the
winter at night drops to 38-42°wit my light it raises to a comfie 76°-78°
2.save ya cash beacause of ur small space lack of co2 wont be a problem
Juz by opening the door and allowing air exchange would be sufficient but adding
It wouldn't hurt.hope i was helpful, check out the grow room, lots of
Cool people with plenty of knowledge :goodluck:

:welcome:

Thanks!
I was looking to go with the CFL because of heat in the summer and costs. Plus I heard the CFLs grow just fine plus you can change over to flowering bulbs at the end without having to spend on anything but the bulbs.

Around here it gets to 110 in the summer and I don't know if I got the amperage for an A/C in there.

BTW, why can't I post in the forums? Does it take time to get permission to post?

Back
Top Bottom