How Cannabis saved my life

John Boehner just came out in support for rescheduling. My jaw is on the floor. The tide appears to be swelling..ready to turn.

Senate Majority leader McConnel also wants to make hemp completely legal in the US. So the Republicans are getting on board with weed and hemp growing now. I thought I would never see this happen. I never thought weed would be legal in California or Oregon in my lifetime either.

New Jersey, Illinois and Michigan already have legal medical marijuana, so making rec weed legal in those states will not increase the overall legal weed state count. It helps the rec cannabis issue though. Rhode Island is also likely to legalize rec weed in 2018. Arizona is also probably going to have another rec weed initiative on the ballot this year.

States that are considering making medical marijuana legal are: Virginia, Wyoming and Missouri. Also Oklahoma is rumored to be considering skipping medical Mj and making rec weed legal. They would bring the total to 34 states. I thought that it was 34 states to make a 2/3 majority, but I think that 3/4 of the states are needed to ratify an amendment to the constitution, and that would be 38 states. But by the time 2/3 are legal, the pressure will be on politicians to get elected and likely a bill will be passed by congress avoiding the need for an amendment. All they have to do is scrap the federal Tax Act of 1937. Likely they will do it in steps, and move Marijuana to a Schedule 3 drug from Schedule 1. That would open the doors to eliminating banking restrictions on weed and allowing for research, as well as allowing for real Rx for medical weed from doctors instaead of a 'medical recommendation'.

Back
Top Bottom