How many CFL lights should I add to my set up - It's on a budget and my first time?

averagejoe

Hey this is my first time posting so please excuse my slowness. I am growing my first time in a closet. I have a 48inch 2 bulb fluorescent light fixture I was wandering how many cfls I'd have to add to that to flower my plants and get a decent yield I'm not expecting perfect results just decnt. Oh I almost forgot I'll have 6 hydroponic plants in a 5 foot long 2.5 foot deep by 6 foot tall closet. And I'll have mylar all the way around. Like I said not lookin for perfect results just would like some advice and a decent yield

Sounds like you're getting things figured out! With that, man that sure does sound like a lot of plants to grow in such a small area! How do you plan to service your plants in such a tight space? I only grow hydro myself and I use CFLS as well as LEDS. With that kind of space you're talking about using I really don't know how you'll be able to grow so many plants in that kind of space. Plus with going the hydro route you're going to need extra spacing for your 5 gallon buckets as well as your pumps and that kind of stuff.

What kind of plants are you going to grow, regs, fem, or autos? How are you planning on hanging your CFLS? With 125w CFLS you could get by, but just barely get by with using one 125w CFL for two plants. So with your six plants you'll need at the bare minimum 3 125w CFLS. And thats also using your lights that you already have. A better setup would be using one 125w CFL per plant. Thats why with growing in the space you're talking about, I'd stick to 3 plants max! With that you could get by with two 125w CFLS along with that other light you have. Whats the watts of the light you already have? Also, what type of venting will you be using? As those CFLS in a closed in space like you're talking about will def generate a lot of heat! Let me know your thoughts after you've read what I've said then lets go from there. Im on here several times a day, so post back when you get the time, take care.

My lights are 40 watts each. I'm using bag seed till I am good enuf to buy good seeds. I have a temp gauge and fans for heat and vent I still hafta take out males so that will give me more room. I have an extra room downstairs set up the same way if I need more room.

I'll have the room cover in mylar by time they flower also. zbrick what are you growing and about how much are you gonna yield and how long did u veg

I'll have the room cover in mylar by time they flower also. zbrick what are you growing and about how much are you gonna yield and how long did u veg

I'm growing the new DNA genetics DJs Gold, a nirvana White Castle, and a devils harvest Shoreline.

I vegged just under 6 weeks. Was about 5 weeks and 5 days. I swapped them to 12/12 when they were 14" tall. The DJs gold tripled in height to 42". The others doubled to about 28".

As for yield, I'm expecting about a gram per watt, I'm using 400w HPS for flowering. I'm 5 weeks in and the buds are already huge. I'm expecting about 6-8 ounces of dry bud total from them all.

Nice for sure man thanks for the info. But I'm not that good with it yet it's still my first time if I add 2 or 3 125watt cfls should that cover them for now until I can upgrade

Back
Top Bottom