How to clean a carbon filter that plants hermied?

Ruthy

I know to wipe down tent but what about the carbon filter system?
The filter is in the tent and it blows out.

Remove and wash the outer cover. That's about all you can do unless you want to disassemble the filter and wash then reactivate the carbon. Which I think is unreasonable given the risk.

Kind of what I thought I just wanted to make sure I don't miss anything.
Thank you

I had problems with the air outtake (carbon filter -> aluminum tube -> fan -> cool tube -> room). It became weaker and weaker and a bit smelly. What I did is: get off the white cover and washed it and I carefully vacuum cleaned the carbon filter's holes (it was full of with dust inside and outside as well). After this cleanup there are no smells, it is super clean and the fan sucks the air in like hell :D I will do this in every 3 weeks I think because the air what comes in the windows is very very dusty :(

I had problems with the air outtake (carbon filter -> aluminum tube -> fan -> cool tube -> room). It became weaker and weaker and a bit smelly. What I did is: get off the white cover and washed it and I carefully vacuum cleaned the carbon filter's holes (it was full of with dust inside and outside as well). After this cleanup there are no smells, it is super clean and the fan sucks the air in like hell :D I will do this in every 3 weeks I think because the air what comes in the windows is very very dusty :(

Batai, I have a DIY carbon filter recharge on my blog for when your carbon becomes saturated and a simple vacuuming no longer works to keep the air flowing and the odors down. Hope it helps you one day. :)

You can get a sock style filter to put over the out side I use 2 socks one over the other and when I change from veg to bloom take the first off. My carbon filters are now 18 months old .

In order to keep my recreational play, my woman says you can wash them by hand with the stuff you wash sweaters and use them 4 or 5 times. To keep the peace I agree they are not bad in price depending where you get them.

She cheats and puts them in wash machine and the turns on spin at the beginning ir will rinse it for you and is very close to dry don't use dryer speaking with experience.

If you keep them clean the filter will go way past what the box says.

I would add in live in the middle of the farm community more dust than city folk would ever see one would be fine, but don't run the filter with out. I would not put it on out of wash machine and let the blower dry it. Experience talks.
Pre Filter for Pro 45S 6$ each

Back
Top Bottom