HST On Medical Pot Ridiculous

MedicalNeed

Dear Editor;

Re: The taxman taxes her tokes, Dec 18, 2010.

I'm a legal medicinal marijuana user and produce my own medicinal marijuana legally since March 2000.

Health Canada stipulates it charges HST in applicable jurisdictions because dried marijuana is not an approved prescription drug under the Food and Drug Act.

This statement is misleading, as doctors do prescribe a certain daily dosage of marijuana when filling out the MMAR (Marihuana Medical Access Regulations) forms.

Is it reasonable for our coldhearted 'feds' to charge 13 per cent of HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) to legal and licensed medicinal 'marihuana' (cannabis) users?

After all, this 'marihuana' was paid with OUR tax dollars, and 'Hellth' Canada makes a 1,500 per cent profit when selling it..to many sick and dying Canadians living with meager disability resources!

'Hellth' Canada still approved 'marihuana' as medicine when they instigated their MMAD (Marihuana Medical Access Division) in June 1999, so these 'pusher' CROOKS have no excuse for charging taxes for their low grade 'marihuana'.

In the last 10 years, I never needed to pay any taxes for the medicinal cannabis (marihuana) I legally grew for myself.

Those who have a licensed medicinal cannabis (marihuana) designated grower do not need to pay any HST either.

Shame on you 'Health' Canada!

Since 1999, with the way they have been treating sick and dying Canadians requiring their 'legal' constitutional right to access medicinal marijuana, some can realize that these people have nothing to do with health and welfare -not for ALL Canadians anyway.

Without any doubt in my mind, all the problems are caused by marijuana prohibition.

Marc Paquette

Hawkesbury, Ontario

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: intelligencer.ca
Author: Marc Paquette
Contact: Contact Us - Belleville Intelligencer - Ontario, CA
Copyright: 2010 , Osprey Media Publishing Inc
Website:HST on medical pot ridiculous - Belleville Intelligencer - Ontario, CA

I say this with all due respect and I understand your frustration but be glad you can pay a tax. We go to jail and pay fines rather than taxes.

Back
Top Bottom