I’ve faced some problems early

Look at the tap water's PH and if it falls into an acceptable range you should be all set. Most fertilizers are buffered so ph shouldn't change much. But then I've never use Bio Biss myself... GL with the grow. So I expect to drive-by in acouple months and you got some juicy ass colas growing

In all likelihood, the issue was the early feeding. You don't need to give it ANY nutes until it has three full nodes - water ONLY. That being said, it was a good thing to change up that soil! :goodjob:

I'm very BIG on PH (see my "Top Lessons" link in signature) but PH is WAY more important in hydro than soil, since soil itself is a great PH buffer. And, your seedling has not had enough time to get nutrient lockout, which would be your concern if PH was off. So, hang on to the PH pen and learn to use it, but don't go looking for the problem there! :)

I use soil. But like said I have good water, but I found out long ago,,, trying to adjust PH if it's only alittle off, either way, can be a nightmare. And like Mister Krip said there,,, most soils already have PH buffers in it. I have a feeling you should be seeing improvement by now or really soon GL

I use soil. But like said I have good water, but I found out long ago,,, trying to adjust PH if it's only alittle off, either way, can be a nightmare. And like Mister Krip said there,,, most soils already have PH buffers in it. I have a feeling you should be seeing improvement by now or really soon GL
I think she’s already getting better! What do you think?

Nice work! :welldone:

She's looking good! She won't be able to repair the damage from the past nute burn, but the new growth looks perfect!

Was the 7.5 PH the reading on your tap water OR the reading on the run-off water AFTER you water the plant? Like NCW said, pure water actually has a PH of 7, so 7.5 sounds about right for water. However, because of the buffers in the soil, once you run that through the soil, it's likely your run-off PH will be closer to 6.5 - 6.7ish. When you measure PH, you should measure the run-off water. That tells you what the soil is doing to your water and then you can adjust the soil PH and/or water/nute solution PH accordingly.

Nice work! :welldone:

She's looking good! She won't be able to repair the damage from the past nute burn, but the new growth looks perfect!

Was the 7.5 PH the reading on your tap water OR the reading on the run-off water AFTER you water the plant? Like NCW said, pure water actually has a PH of 7, so 7.5 sounds about right for water. However, because of the buffers in the soil, once you run that through the soil, it's likely your run-off PH will be closer to 6.5 - 6.7ish. When you measure PH, you should measure the run-off water. That tells you what the soil is doing to your water and then you can adjust the soil PH and/or water/nute solution PH accordingly.
I measured the runoff ph. I know those won’t get better, but I’m already happy with the new leafs. Thanks for the help guys your great!

OK...So, if that's your runoff PH, it is a little high. You can PH your nute solution down, but best bet is to pick up some garden sulfur and scratch it into the soil. Homies sells a product by Epsoma that's all organic and I use on blueberries which like very low PH. Search their site for "soil acidifier" and I'm sure it will come up! :goodluck:

EDIT: This is it: Soil Acidifier

EDIT #2: I should have asked...What's the PH of the water BEFORE you run it through the soil???

OK...So, if that's your runoff PH, it is a little high. You can PH your nute solution down, but best bet is to pick up some garden sulfur and scratch it into the soil. Homies sells a product by Epsoma that's all organic and I use on blueberries which like very low PH. Search their site for "soil acidifier" and I'm sure it will come up! :goodluck:

EDIT: This is it: Soil Acidifier

EDIT #2: I should have asked...What's the PH of the water BEFORE you run it through the soil???
Sorry for taking so long to answer, the water ph before was 6.

I have a doubt, I’m watering with the same amount of water I watered in the solo cup because the plant is so small, but the soil seems to dry up more quickly, should I continue to do it like this and water more often?

When I get home I’ll post a pic of my soil, I use bottled water with 6,7ph measurements. Should I do the transplant to the new soil or try and use mine and mix it with perlite?
Your soil looks like its the problem. Re-pot in good soil,with perlite,and nutrient based,say 1.2 EC. PH 1.6

Back
Top Bottom