I 502

I can live with I-502. I grow my own meds. So, the prices aren't that big of an issue with me. The good things is, the rules don't change for medical marijuana users. So, things won't change much for me. Yes, there will be a greater chance of getting a DUID. But, they way I see it is this ..... there are going to be SSssoooooo many others driving around all smoked out reaking of weed, with blood shot eyes. That is who they will be going after. Not the responsible user who medicates regularly and is discreet.

I can live with I-502. I grow my own meds. So, the prices aren't that big of an issue with me. The good things is, the rules don't change for medical marijuana users. So, things won't change much for me. Yes, there will be a greater chance of getting a DUID. But, they way I see it is this ..... there are going to be SSssoooooo many others driving around all smoked out reaking of weed, with blood shot eyes. That is who they will be going after. Not the responsible user who medicates regularly and is discreet.
I agree. A little common sense can lessen the threat of a dui. This is going to be tested in the courts I'm sure pretty quickly. There is no science behind a 5ng cutoff level for thc metabolites. There's no way that can be upheld in court. So just like an alcohol dui, do not help the prosecution. Do not authorize a breathalyser or blood test, do no take any field dexterity tests. Say nothing to the officer. If you have medical issues that makes doing any physical tests difficult say that and nothing else till you have an attorney present. More people are going to need to understand their civil rights until this can make its way through the court system.

But I am hopeful that we set a precedent for legalized cannabis for adults. It should help other states to start heading in the same direction.

Well for better or worse the initiative passed. I'm happy for the recreational users who will be able to smoke legally now. We'll have to wait and see how it all plays out in the courts. The dui clause will surely show up in court rooms fairly quickly I imagine and then it can be tested to see if its legal. And then the issue of having the state regulate and collect taxes on something that is federally illegal will be interesting to see what happens there.

I-502 deffinitely isn't perfect. But, it's one step closer to ending the prohibition.

I'm sure once doctors, lawyers, preists, congressman, city council members etc start getting DUID's and it's not stoners, medical patients and hippies. Things will change quickly as "Propper Citizens" will not stand for it .... and the masses (who will also be getting high) will quickly raise enough of a stink to change things for the better. But, that's just my own personal theory.

Don't get me wrong .... I don't think you guys aren't proper citizens. But the old stereotypes still need to fade and die away.

I-502 deffinitely isn't perfect. But, it's one step closer to ending the prohibition.

I'm sure once doctors, lawyers, preists, congressman, city council members etc start getting DUID's and it's not stoners, medical patients and hippies. Things will change quickly as "Propper Citizens" will not stand for it .... and the masses (who will also be getting high) will quickly raise enough of a stink to change things for the better. But, that's just my own personal theory.

Don't get me wrong .... I don't think you guys aren't proper citizens. But the old stereotypes still need to fade and die away.

It's not just the DUI.

ALCOHOL is LEGAL no one says you can only have 1 bottle or a six pack.

Marijuana as recreational you can ONLY have one ounce. How is this legalization?

Once again pass a friend a beer no big deal, pass a joint and face FELONY delivery charges. This is legalization? :hmmmm:

Not much we can do about it now except sit back and watch it play out. :blunt:

It's not just the DUI.

ALCOHOL is LEGAL no one says you can only have 1 bottle or a six pack.

Marijuana as recreational you can ONLY have one ounce. How is this legalization?

Once again pass a friend a beer no big deal, pass a joint and face FELONY delivery charges. This is legalization? :hmmmm:

Not much we can do about it now except sit back and watch it play out. :blunt:
It has to be written that way so that it doesn't make Washington look like a haven for drug cartels. Don't agree with it but for the voters that were sitting on the fence they had to limit the amounts. Time will tell how it all works out. But atleast I think it is a step forward. Even Canada and Mexico are now asking questions today about whether its time for them to end prohibition. Kind of ridiculous to have our neighbors still involved with a prohibition pushed by the US government but yet the states are making it legal. I'm very hopeful this will start to ratchet down the drug violence slowly.

Thought this was worth sharing. King and Pierce Counties dismissing misdemeanor marijuana possession

King and Pierce Counties dismissing misdemeanor possession

Thought this was worth sharing. King and Pierce Counties dismissing misdemeanor marijuana possession

King and Pierce Counties dismissing misdemeanor possession
Yep good to see. Now it would be nice to see judges retroactively release anyone that would fall under this new law that is in jail now.

And thats part of the problem with this initiative because we already know the state will not involve itself in licensing and regulators of cannabis institutions. The legislature wrote a law last year to do this exact thing and the governor line item vetoed almost all of it because the DOJ wrote her a nasty letter saying they would arrest any state employees that were involved in any way with the cannabis industry. Doesn't mean the governor can't do it legally if she wants. Because cannabis laws are completely legal under the 10th Amendment of the Bill of Rights. But you have to have the balls to tell the feds to fuck off.

There was no letter, there was no threat her and the person that supposedly sent it are close friends and political allies. Please note that the same "threat" is being trotted out again to give the liquor control board power over medical marijuana. If we don't act the feds are threatening to come in.

With the first recreational stores opening for business last week here comes the attempt to ban Medical marijuana in a town that has a rec store.

PROSSER — The little city that made state history last week as one of the first to allow recreational pot sales may now ban medicinal marijuana over legal concerns.

Thursday, city officials in Prosser plan to review a proposal to effectively prohibit the production or distribution of medicinal pot. The meeting comes on the heels of long lines of customers last week making the first legal recreational purchases in state history at Altitude, a Prosser shop.

The suggestion of a medicinal ban, still early in the planning stages, could put the city of 5,800 on the opposite path of the majority of their neighbors throughout the Yakima Valley and Mid-Columbia. All of the Tri-Cities cities and most cities in Yakima County have passed bans on recreational stores, which the state began licensing last month, but have taken little, if any, action on medicinal sales.

Currently, the state’s Liquor Control Board regulates and licenses growers, packers and retailers of recreational sales in the wake of Initiative 502, passed in November 2012 by state voters. Altitude was one of the first 24 stores in the state to receive a license and was one of only two in southeastern Washington to open last week.

Medical marijuana has been legal with a prescription since 1998, when state voters approved Initiative 692. Legislative attempts to regulate medicinal sales through a registry failed in 2011.

The gutted law has left no state agency with any say over medicinal grows and sales. City officials, even those who favor medicinal marijuana in principle, feared the lack of oversight makes medicinal sales more risky for the city legally than recreational sales.

“I don’t have a problem with (medicinal marijuana), but I want the state to regulate it,” said Steven Becken, a city councilman.

“I don’t want a free-for-all.”

As for recreational marijuana, the state now allows it regardless of how he or Prosser residents feel. A handful of protesters have picketed City Hall and Prosser’s new pot shop.

“There’s a lot of state laws a lot of us don’t like,” Becken said.

Scott Hamilton, another city councilman and former police chief, opposes any form of marijuana other than medicinal sales, but only if they are dispensed by a licensed pharmacy.

“The state has got this thing backwards,” Hamilton said.

Thursday, the city’s appointed planning commission will hold a public hearing on a proposed set of restrictions for both medicinal and recreational pot facilities. If the commission approves the proposals, the body would then submit them as a recommendation for the City Council to pass into city code.

Among the suggestions is a requirement that all medicinal community gardens and dispensaries have a state license. The move would amount to a ban because the state has no such license, said Steve Zetz, Prosser city planner.

The city has a moratorium on medicinal marijuana facilities that lasts into October.

Also in the planning commission’s proposal is a requirement that all Prosser marijuana farms be inside a building, while state law requires only a fence, and that medicinal gardens not be located in residential areas.

The commission also aims to discuss adding tighter restrictions on hours, parking and security than called for by state laws to the proposal, though Altitude would be exempt because it has already opened.

The planning commissions meets at 6 p.m. Thursday at City Hall, 601 S. Seventh St.

Read more here: https://www.tri-cityherald.com/2014...-medical.html?sp=/99/177/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom