I have ants

Joebob69

Hi, I have noticed that I have ants in my soil... More than just one or two...Is there anything that I can pour on my soil to rid of them that won't hurt my plant(which is only a young seedling at this point)?? Anything organic maybe? Im pretty sure the ants are living in the soil. Please let me know if there any any sort of bug remedies you guys have... Thanks in advance! :volcano-smiley:

is this indoor or outdoor I'm guessing outdoor :yummy: if you go to the local grow show they show have something or, An extra way of keeping your ant population down (while you are dealing with the other insect issues you have going on) is to buy some corn meal and sprinkle it into the ant hill openings. This will kill off the ants since they are unable to digest the cornmeal. Because of the aeration they have already incorporated into the soil, as well as the dead bodies of the ants you have just killed off, the soil will be more nutrient filled than ever this is the organic way :Namaste: or spray some chemicals roll joint smoke them out :lot-o-toke: lol

Thanks for the replies. This is an indoor grow.....what happened is, I have the soil I use stored outside in a bucket in the yard. I recently got a few shovel fulls and started a new plant and I've noticed the soil has ants in it. I'm guessing since the weather is cooler they were in the soil and I brought them inside. They are staying in the soil because I see them on the pot and in the soil. Will they hurt my plants? I don't really want to transplant into different soil at this stage.. Thanks!

I believe you can easily get rid of ants with a fairly simple solutions of water+sugar+boric acid put it in a bowl on the soil and they will go in and eat it, then they will share it within the colony and everyone will die you can use this outside also

Back
Top Bottom