I *think* I solved my wild PH swings

barto

been fighting massive daily PH swings...
adjust down to 5.6 before work, back up to 7.1 (or greater) when I get home from work
that's been my daily roller coaster ride.... grrrrrrrrrr

2 days ago, I picked up PH down made by the same company that makes the nutes that I'm using...

5.6 in the morning 5.6 to 5.7 in the evening

maybe I'm gonna survive this first hydro grow without losing my last wit

ive finally got a hold of the ph perfect line by advanced, ive just given up on checking it as long as my res is topped off and ppm is in the 1000 or higher range my ph stays at 5.9 all day!

4-5 days now and things are stable, stable stable...
I think I can relax (a little) and let the girls grow

I am using sensi bloom A & B (by Advanced Nutrients) and their "pure concentrate" PH down product

4-5 days now and things are stable, stable stable...
I think I can relax (a little) and let the girls grow

I am using sensi bloom A & B (by Advanced Nutrients) and their "pure concentrate" PH down product

I am using AN's 3 part and it's great. The pH buffers work perfectly with my r/o'd water as long as the initial pH of my water is between 4.5 & 9.5 before I add it. It tale a few hours but it brings it down to 5.8-6.0 which is good by me.

*city* water, but it's a small enough town that it's well water anyway, just not my well

there is no treatment that I'm aware of, I guess I should ask someone down at city hall

*city* water, but it's a small enough town that it's well water anyway, just not my well

there is no treatment that I'm aware of, I guess I should ask someone down at city hall

the reason I asked was, when I first started the bubble grow I was buying "good water " from the store, my pH was doin the same thing, I started using my well water ( full of minerals ) and adjusting Ph, the Ph never moved after that, the minerals are a great buffer and my plants are very healthy to date. Just wanted to throw that out there bro, peace!

thanks for the advice/thoughts/tip on the water
I have pretty hard (minerals) water here, I'm right at 340-350ppm out of the tap
the wild swings and the stable ph now are all with water from the same source
my best guess:
1) old nutes (I don't really think they go bad, but... for the cost, why risk it?)
2) old and/or non compatible ph down
3) just my bad dumb luck and part of the learning curve

prepped the boat this morning, she survived another winter!
we might hit canyon ferry tomorow

Back
Top Bottom