I'm New and Need Help

phoenix

Hey all. I am glad I found this site. I live in Canada and I am very new to all this.

I smoked weed when I was a teen but now I am an old lady and my reasons are different as is my approach.

I am diagnosed with fibromyalgia and need something for the pain. They gave me pain killers but they are brutal on my stomach. Someone suggested pot.At first I was edgy because I am old lol and I am a mom so I am always telling my 13 year old no drugs and now I am considering it lol.

I smoked some on the weekend and it worked wonderfully and without the gut rot I get from prescription narcotics. My problem is this, I do not want to smoke it when my son is home and I have heard you can drink it in tea. I do not want to drink it in alcohol since my goal is not to become totally wasted but to take the pain away (the buzz is just a pleasant afterthought lol).

I have seen so many different ideas on how to make the tea but I am not sure which one is accurate and if they have really been tried. Has anyone here actually made tea? How? How much pot do you use? I have heard mention of brewing it for 1 and a half and then adding a teaspoon of butter and I admit I am an idiot :hmmmm: when it comes to this so why the butter? How does it taste?

I guess basically anything anyone can tell me on how to drink it. There are many recipes for cooking it out there but trust me nobody wants me cooking anything...a chef I am not besides it takes to long.

If you have any ideas on ways I can get it into my system without smoking it that are not too time consuming. Remember I am using this for severe pain and standing in the kitchen for hours while I cook something is not possible for me. As I said I am not looking to get wasted just a little buzz and pain relief.

I appreciate any and all help.

Phoenix

I don't know about tea.... I mean, I've heard stories and recipes but I've yet to actuall SEE it. THC isn't water soluble, so I imagine it'd be a little complicated.

My advice would be to make some cannibutter (visit the cooking section of the forums for enough cannibutter recipes to last a lifetime!). It's simple and easy and you can then use that butter instead of normal butter. Make some cookies, some cakes, some brownies... anything!! Just have to make sure you're son doesn't find them.... that wouldn't go over too well ("No little Johnny, these are adult cookies" :laughtwo: ).

Too bad about your fibromyalgia... I can feel your pain (literally!) as I've been plagued with that since I was a child. Some days I can barely move. Unfortunatly it's not considered worthy of medical status (at least around here). Have you tried?? Maybe you'd have better luck. :biggrin:

Well I hope this helps... if you have any more questions, post 'em... I know myself and the others are more than happy to help!

Btw, welcome to the site!! :smokin:

Thanks for your reply. I am not happy with the diagnosis but there were other things it could have been and all of them were worse so I guess I got the lesser of all the evils with Fibro. I can't believe the pain I am in a lot fo the time.

I am also trying to find out the laws here in Ontario (Canada) regarding marijuana in general as well as the medicinal laws and who qualifies. Everything I see is from 2003 o 2004 and since we are now 2005 I want to be sure I have the most up to date info. As I said I am a mom and I have never been in trouble with the law so the last thing I need is to be arrested for pot possession or some such thing.

I told my son I was planning on using pot for medicinal purposes. We had a great talk about it. I wanted to be honest. I still do not want him doing it but if he picked a drug I would want it to be pot and nothing else. I just think older people use it for different reasons in most cases than kids do and we are more aware. Could just be the worrying mom in me lol.

I will look into the butter recipes, but again, there are so many so I am not sure which to use lol. What does it taste like??

Phoenix

Back
Top Bottom