Increase PH?

this guy

Hey everyone. I'm about 3 weeks into flowering and using Foxfarm nutes and Promix BX for a medium. I switched to big bloom and tiger bloom for this stage. Anyway, after watering with nutes last night; I tested the run off. My PH is down to 5.

My PH testing kit came with 2 bottles PH up and PH down. Should I wait till the next watering to adjust the ph or do it now? Also, should I use PH up or would anyone recommend something else?

Thanks

Hi this guy, Promix drys quickly? Yes?
I would flush with 5.8 to 6.3, and renute them.
I grow in coco and It drys out fast.
I find the PH goes down unless during watering/feeding I have alot of runoff.
It wastes nutes but works well to control the PH!
:peace:

Hi this guy, Promix drys quickly? Yes?
I would flush with 5.8 to 6.3, and renute them.
I grow in coco and It drys out fast.
I find the PH goes down unless during watering/feeding I have alot of runoff.
It wastes nutes but works well to control the PH!
:peace:

Hey CocoJoe, I'm not too sure I am experienced enough to know. As this is still my first grow and have have nothing else to compare it too. But hey, I'm learning. :)

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try.

Powdered Dolomite Lime

My mix is similar to promix (heavy peat), and is very acidic. If not well limed, you will have continual pH problems and pH'ed water isn't going to fix it

"I" use 2tbl/gallon of mix, or, 1cup/cf of mix.

Best added before use along with more perlite, but can be watered in. Mix with enough water for good runoff and keep it agitated.

It's ground up rock and won't dissolve. This is why you need the powder, the coarser grades (pelletized and the like), will take way to long to break down. Great for gardens, but too slow for MJ.

Very common stuff and easy to find at Lowes or HD, Lowes is the best bet, and cheap, $5-$9 for a 40# bag.

DD

sorry to jump in on your thread "this guy", but i had a question for DD. I went to home depot and looked for dolomite lime and they sent me to the construction area. Is there a difference between what is used in construction and what is used in soil?

I use wood ash from my fireplace, just sprinkle a light layer over the soil before watering with your Ph`d water, works great, and dolomite lime is dolomite lime, peace!

sorry to jump in on your thread "this guy", but i had a question for DD. I went to home depot and looked for dolomite lime and they sent me to the construction area. Is there a difference between what is used in construction and what is used in soil?

I don't think so. HD seems to keep their lime in the same area as the bagged concrete for some reason. Mess???

Powdered dolomite lime is powdered dolomite lime. The bag should say something about garden or agricultural on it.

DD

i just checked the website for Austin white lime and it says "Chemical, Building and Stabilization Lime" I think i will have to check out the local hydro shop and see what they have.

Back
Top Bottom