Indoor/outdoor lighting supplement?

sour tommy

If i decide to go outdoors to induce flowering of an indica.....and only have 8 hours sunlight to work with..is it ok to add 6 or 8 hours with a timer at sunset?...thanx

If i decide to go outdoors to induce flowering of an indica.....and only have 8 hours sunlight to work with..is it ok to add 6 or 8 hours with a timer at sunset?...thanx
If for flowering why add 6 hrs of light . That would make 14 and it would not flower I guess you can add 4 to make 12hrs of light . Flowering is based on 12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness.

"carpe diem"

Ok..how many hours of sunlight/artificial light does an Indica plant need to be productive during it's induction to darkness and early flowering...so it's 12 hours uninterrupted darkness...at least how many hours of light does it need?

Thanx..my first grow is fun, with some pitfalls of course.
So deciding to go outdoors for flowering was a mistake because it has rained for week...my beauty has doubled in height as the stems are reaching mightily upward towards the very dark cloudy skies...
But she(fingers crossed) is as lush as can be...it's 60 degrees and rainy still..should I do something now, move her back in..she has a sheltered accommodation where supplemental light could be added...watt to do know?

Thanx..my first grow is fun, with some pitfalls of course.
So deciding to go outdoors for flowering was a mistake because it has rained for week...my beauty has doubled in height as the stems are reaching mightily upward towards the very dark cloudy skies...
But she(fingers crossed) is as lush as can be...it's 60 degrees and rainy still..should I do something now, move her back in..she has a sheltered accommodation where supplemental light could be added...watt to do know?
She will flower ok those temps are not too bad . And rain this early should not affect anything. Later on in flower it might be a problem . What type of supplemental lighting do you have.

"carpe diem"

I use supplemental lighting as well. I take mine outside for as many hours of direct sunshine I can get on them. Then bring them back inside to finish up the 12 hours of "on" time. The timer shuts off the lights for the 12 hours of off time. Next morning after they been in the dark for 12 hours, the timer kicks on the lights and if it's not cloudy or raining I put them back outside and do it over again. I try to get them at least 6 hours of direct sunshine a day and if the forecast is cloudy, they stay inside their box with 23w cfls on them.

That's great advice..exactly my intuition to begin with...here she is 2 weeks ago before my misstep into a mid winter outdoor flowering attempt... for my first grow I might add...(sigh)
Tomorrow we will show you it's progress!!
20161217_232025.jpg

After being outside for 10 days now... bushy beast that(it) is...I wonder when it will show me it's gender...?A lone MK ULTRA bagseed that's now reaching for the skies...question.
Can I somehow make it begin to flower..or am I at the will of nature outside now? Because that's the size i want it..maybe a little bigger and I know it will grow a little more....anyone's opinion is always extremely interesting to me and I appreciate it and apply it..so THANX...whoever.
20170112_163220.jpg
2017-01-12_17_27_32.jpg

Pure darkness..huge thick stems..watt are those two little sprigs called that grow from all the nodes and branchings?..I'm learning this is where the first signs of gender are usually noticed ....I think..but nothing yet except for height..very lush..

Back
Top Bottom