intermediate grower,plants arent flowering

marleyand

my plant has been growing now for a month and a week. i have her in a coco/soil mix with marine fertilizer. everything is organic, ive grown before and never had troubles with getting my plants to bud. ive not grown the strain i am trying this time which is queen kong. i think she's a sativa hybrid but im not sure. any way ive had the lighting on 12/12 for the past week and a half and no sign of pistils or bud formation. also no sign of male flowers. no nothing. most of my other plants have taken 3 days to a week tops to flower. any suggestions? am i doing something wrong? any way i will try to post pictures soon. any comments? suggestions? oh my the way i have her under two cfl lights i got from the hydro store, a combined total of 4800 lumens :rollit:

You might increase your dark period to 13-14 hours to replicate the later days of fall in nature. Depending on your strain and what the dominant trait is will determine the reaction to the shortening days that you are controling. If that does not work ....... off with their heads:rollit:
just kidin :)
:smokin:Stay safe and good growin!:smokin:

MrCloner420

thank you, i appreciate it. ill give that a try and see if it works. how would the traits have any thing to do with flowering? do some strains just really take their time flowering? im curious to know that since they are taking so long to flower if she will also take her time ripening.

Just another note may want to check on your lumens looks to be lacking...... a 400watt hps Hortilux puts out 55,000 lumens ......... a 1000 watt Hortilux puts out over 145,000 lumens. I have never used anything less than "1" 400 hps for blooming and would suggest that you use "2" for best results,most growers I know use 1000 watt for blooming.... just my opinion based on my past experiences.

:smokin:Stay safe and Good Growin:smokin:

MrCloner420:rollit:

Just another note may want to check on your lumens looks to be lacking...... a 400watt hps Hortilux puts out 55,000 lumens ......... a 1000 watt Hortilux puts out over 145,000 lumens. I have never used anything less than "1" 400 hps for blooming and would suggest that you use "2" for best results,most growers I know use 1000 watt for blooming.... just my opinion based on my past experiences.

:smokin:Stay safe and Good Growin:smokin:

I would recommend a 600 watt hps over both the 400 & the 1000. If you are doing a power grow, then i would take the 1000. If you are still at the hobby/small ops level 600 is the best(95k lumens)

ok.i will try that. ive been saving for a hps set up. i only have one plant. at some point i might have two but its for my own medicinal use.any way ive got another question. i saw that there is a new bulb out using both hps and metal halide. any comments on that? thanks guys i appreciate your help.so the lumens play a factor in whether or not the plant decides to flower? what if i give the plant one full day of darkness, would that aid in getting her to flower?

Must remeber that this plant grows all over the world in the wild and since the sun travels around the earth it effects the plant differently due to different light cycles based on the location in relationship to the equator. Plants that grew in the wild developed traits based on the suns exposure or the lact there of.
Plants from countries close to the equator seem to react quicker to the change in the light light cycle has been my experience......The original plant that your stock came from most probably came from a country well north of the equator or through its hybridization process picked up that trait.... Hope this helps some...................:cheer:
:smokin:Stay Safe and Good Growin:smokin:

that does make alot of sense. i wouldve never thought of that. this plant that i have now grows like weed,haha. but faster than any plant ive seen. from when the seed sprouted, immediately she started branching out. usually my plant havent grown branches till the second or third node. also her branches are growing much higher than where her main cola would be which is odd to me. im gonna take a picture and post it in ten min. trippy tho that the tropical plants would respond quicker than plants north of the equator. i wouldve thought visa versa because it gets so could the farther north faster.

dny0av.jpg
2vl1udl.jpg
k39e78.jpg

Back
Top Bottom