Is There Enough Interest for an Aquarium/Reef Forum

Would you like to see an Aquarium/Reefing forum added to the Off-topic section?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got to wondering. Some people who are interested in cannabis are also interested in aquariums. With some, it might even be a toss-up as to which hobby receives the biggest budget allotment or whether that new light will go into the grow room or over the 250-gallon aquarium, lol.

But I don't know what "some" would translate into in regards to the membership here. I wouldn't mind seeing a forum for it in the Off-Topic section. I'm not currently involved, but I'd most likely read many threads in it. Therefore, I thought I'd post this poll to see what kind of response (if any) I'll get.

And I felt this forum would be appropriate since it amounts to a (potential) suggestion for the site. [Moderators: Please move if you feel there would be a better place for it. (Thanks!)]

Hmm, 88 views and only two votes (one of which was mine, the other was a negative). That causes me to guess what the final results will be. But I set the poll to run for 14 days. I'm not holding my breath.

As in using aquarium water to help feed cannabis plants, or in some way create a "symbiosis?" No... But I've wondered about the viability of such a setup.

I want to do an aquaponics setup to grow shrimp and some vegetables. It is a fairly simple setup and is used commercially. Basically it is a recirculating system, you feed the shrimp/fish, they eliminate their waste, the bacteria do the conversion to nitrates and nitrites, your plants use that for food and the water returns to the system.

I was the second yes vote by-the-way. I used to do salt water tanks. A lot of similarity between hydroponics and aquariums. I think that is why I chose hydro and have had a fairly good learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom