Iso crappy leaf

gloman

Hello, and green dreams to all!
I was lucky enough to come up on a pound of RANK very low potency super dried out leaf.
I tried cooking with it. NO GOOD
I tried making budda out of it. NO GOOD
I figured since I had nothing in it I might just as well try doing an iso on it.
well, i'm a bit ashamed to say I didn't put a lot of effort into making sure I collected every bit of oil out of it, but here's what I came up with.
I took 12 grams of RSO gathered from this awfull no good leaf and mixed it into 91% rubbing alcohol.
Added 25 drops of concentrated sulphuric acid and refluxed for 2hrs.
I neutralized the acid with baking soda till it quit fizzing and added another 1/4 t'spoon for good measure.
I filtered out the baking soda solids and washed 3 times with distilled h2o.
In order to wash the mixture, you first add an equal volume of dh2o to your alcoholic mix.
Then add half total volume of NAPTHA.
Shake mix in sep funnel and save the top layer.
After getting all the top layer with the oil in it evaporate the naptha OUTSIDE on very low heat with a fan.
The oil I was left with was still almost black but let me tell you what.
I'm VERY impressed with the potency. no kidding, it would EASILY compare with anything I've seen in the dispensaries.
The NEXT time I do this I will for SURE be more careful to do proper extractions to increase my yields but I won't EVER get rid of bunk leaf again.
PEACE OUT!

Just a quickie to put things in perspective.
I'm a big guy and have been on a steady diet of THC for over 40 years.
I mixed 2 grams of this oil before the iso with peanut butter and coconut oil and it had very little if any effect.
I mixed 1/4 gram with peanut butter and coconut oil after the iso and no kidding, I had to go lay down for about 3hrs. and remained STONED for another 5-6hrs.
I really never had much faith in this iso thing before, but NOW? I'm a believer.

So you get an idea of the conversion,
I had 12.3gr of oil prior to the iso.
I was able to recover 7.3gr after the iso.
lost almost half by weight but increased the potency by a MINIMUM of 400%
I much rather have less of a good thing than more of a bad thing. but that's me. lol

Back
Top Bottom