JwrxSTi's First Indoor Grow - Variety - 2013

jwrxsti

Hello all, this is my first time growing so advice/constructive criticisms are very welcome!

What strain is it? Nirvana Short Rider, Blimburn Tijuana, 2x Thin mint cookies (clones), 1x Platinum Cookies (clone), 1x Best OG (clone)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Short Rider - Hybrid
Blimburn Tijuana - Sativa
Thin Mint Cookies - Hybrid
Platinum Cookies - Hybrid
Best OG - Hybrid

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Short Rider - Beginning 1st week of flowering (auto.)
Tijuana - Beg. 5th week of veg.
Thin Mint Cookies - 1st week since transplanting into soil. (taken from local dispensary)
Platinum Cookies - 1st week since transplant into soil. (taken from local dispensary)
Best OG - 2nd week since transplant into soil. (taken from local dispensary)

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil SOIL
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF
If soil... What size pot? SR - 2 gallon, Tijuana - 2 Gal. smartpot, Thin Mint Cookies - 2 Gal. smart pot & 2 Gal. pot, Platinum Cookies - 2 Gal. Smart Pot, Best OG - 3 Gal. Smart pot.
Size of light? 2 2ft T5' fluoro's, 2 47w (100 w) 6500k bulbs, and 2 27w(150w) 2700k Bulbs.
Is it aircooled? Small 4 in. for outtake. 12 in. non-oscilating fan for air movement.
Temp of Room/cab? 72-83 Degrees.
RH of Room/cab? 45-57%
PH of media or res? 6.4 -6.7
Any Pests ? None
How often are you watering? once every week, alternating with FF Nutrients and Reg Distilled water.
Type and strength of ferts used? Half strength.

Short Rider
IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_34711.JPG

IMG_34721.JPG

Tijuana
IMG_34762.JPG

Platinum Cookies Clone
IMG_34742.JPG

Thin Mint Cookies Clones
Thin Mint #1
IMG_34691.JPG
IMG_34681.JPG

Thin Mint #2
IMG_34752.JPG

Best OG Clone
IMG_34731.JPG

Group Picture
IMG_34773.JPG

:peace:

Re: JwrxSTi's First Indoor Grow *variety* - 2013

On board! Looks like you've got a lot to keep track of. Subbed :passitleft:

Just a quick update with some more pictures

Short Rider
IMG_34843.JPG

I just finished adjusting the strings for this girl, and she really does love that LST, and the hairs are coming out like crazy now :yahoo:
Sorry for the crappy picture, all I have is an Iphone.

Best OG clone
IMG_34852.JPG

This girl is branching out like crazy, but I love it. I plan on LSTing her all the way around the rim of the smart pot before I put her into flowering.

Platinum Cookies
IMG_34902.JPG

The burnt part of the leaves were there when I had bought the clones from the club, but I wasnt complaining since the roots on her were really well developed. Since getting her she has grew an enormous amount just with reg. distilled water and the nutrients alone from the FFOF soil. I am happy with her so far.

Thin Mint Cookies #2
IMG_34912.JPG

This girl is doing alot better compared to yesterday ( I transplanted her and her twin yesterday into soil, and they both took a bad hit), but her sister is doing kind of shitty so I did not take a picture of her.

Group picture #2
IMG_34933.JPG

I also germinated 4 white widow seeds that I had found in a 1/8th that I bought from a local club. I was angry at first but you can not complain when the 1/8ths were so cheap at the time. Hopefully these "girls" will grow up nicely. They are currently in grodan 2 inch cubes that were soaked in tap water with lemons. Now I am just waiting for them to pop their little alien heads out of the grodan cubes.

Till next time!

Update #3

Short Rider Week 6 veg/Week 1 flower
IMG_3497.JPG
IMG_34982.JPG
IMG_34991.JPG

Blimburn Tijuana Week 5 veg
IMG_34951.JPG

Platinum Cookies Week 2 Veg
IMG_34961.JPG

Thin Mint Cookies #2 Week 1 veg
IMG_35013.JPG

I left out the Best OG.. I will wait for her to grow out a bit more then I will take a picture. I ended up having to trash my Thin Mint Cookie#1 clone because she couldn't handle the transplant into soil. But on a good note I started a White Widow seedling. Hopefully that will make up for it. I am in the process of purchasing a 400w HPS/MH system for my grow to help speed things up and to ensure a better grow. I am currently running on a 18/6 light cycle to save on $$ and since this is my first grow I wanted to experiment with that.

What is that wire/string you're using to tie them over?

Im using regular sewing string, since its thin enough and light enough to use and I wont have to worry about it getting in the way of the fan leaves and stuff. I was originally using pipe cleaners but those were not doing to well. The sewing thread seems to be able to handle all the stretching my short rider is going through right now. (shes gained a great amount of growth within the past day)

Awesome! Love it when you peek in to check on them and you're like oh damn! So far I'm happy with my plants spreading out with just calculated deflation. But some strains don't like it as much as others. I'm going to be doing some critical kush soon and they're one of those strains (from what I understand) so I was interested in ways to tie things over.

Sewing string works perfect because you dont have to worry about choking the stem of the plant, unless you want to super crop. Ive been testing out my Best OG clone and she is just branching out so much, I could probably tie her around the rim of the pot if I wanted to. I accidentally snapped her stem in half so I had to patch her up and now I am just waiting for her to recover. The upper part of her is responding to the lights still so I am assuming that I did not kill my plant. :oops:

Very Late update. I ended up harvesting my short rider, throwing away my auto ak as well as the blimburn tijuana strain. On a positive note, my thin mint clone, and platinum clones have begun flowering but I am forcing them back into veg since I just got two GSC clones from a local dispensary. These are authentic cuts from SF.

Group and new setup
IMG_35965.JPG

GSC Cut #1
IMG_35954.JPG

Platinum Cookies Clone
IMG_35943.JPG

GSC Cut #2
IMG_35935.JPG

You got a lot happening. Why did you have to scrap some of the other girls?

You got a lot happening. Why did you have to scrap some of the other girls?

Hey Elious, I just got impatient with the short rider, and the other thin mint clone just didn't pull through after I had transplanted her into a regular pot.

UPDATE

Here's a few pictures of the GSC and group pics. I also ended up picking up 2 Blue Dream clones from a nearby dispensary. I'm focusing mainly on growing GSC/pheno's and Blue Dream just because they take care of my back pain and the high is just amazing. Ive tasted Girl Scout cookies from ALMOST every club in the bay and they all tasted like crap until I finally got my hands on some legit GSC at a new club that just opened. So my clones came from there.

IMG_36036.JPG
IMG_36022.JPG
IMG_36012.JPG
IMG_36006.JPG

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom