Large Pot Haul Found Inside Arrested Man's Vehicle

Weedpipe

420 Member
CA. — A Chico man found with a large amount of marijuana in his vehicle was arrested on multiple charges Friday night after he tried to elude a Glenn County sheriff's deputy.

Charles David Conklin, 48, also known as Charles Schitzo, according to a press release, was spotted by the deputy sitting in a vehicle near a closed strawberry stand at County Road 9 and Sixth Avenue.

Conklin allegedly ducked down as the deputy passed, then drove away. He was stopped about 7:45 p.m. when the deputy noticed an expired registration tag on the license plate.

The deputy reported a strong smell of marijuana as he approached the car.

The deputy learned Conklin had an outstanding bench warrant for his arrest. He allegedly refused to comply with orders and had to be forcibly placed in a control hold and handcuffed outside the vehicle.

A search of Conklin's 1988 Honda turned up two plastic garbage bags filled with freshly cut marijuana and pot harvesting tools.

Conklin admitted he was driving on a suspended license, and didn't possess a medical marijuana certificate.

He was booked into the Glenn County Jail in Willows, with bail set at $39,000.

Conklin was traveling with two dogs and told deputies he had stopped at the strawberry stand to let them relieve themselves.

The dogs were turned over to an animal shelter which contracts with the county.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: ContraCostaTimes
Author: GREG WELTER
Copyright: 2009 Bay Area News Group
Website:https://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_14269072

CA. — A Chico man found with a large amount of marijuana in his vehicle was arrested on multiple charges Friday night after he tried to elude a Glenn County sheriff's deputy.

Charles David Conklin, 48, also known as Charles Schitzo, according to a press release, was spotted by the deputy sitting in a vehicle near a closed strawberry stand at County Road 9 and Sixth Avenue.

Conklin allegedly ducked down as the deputy passed, then drove away. He was stopped about 7:45 p.m. when the deputy noticed an expired registration tag on the license plate.

The deputy reported a strong smell of marijuana as he approached the car.

The deputy learned Conklin had an outstanding bench warrant for his arrest. He allegedly refused to comply with orders and had to be forcibly placed in a control hold and handcuffed outside the vehicle.

A search of Conklin's 1988 Honda turned up two plastic garbage bags filled with freshly cut marijuana and pot harvesting tools.

Conklin admitted he was driving on a suspended license, and didn't possess a medical marijuana certificate.

He was booked into the Glenn County Jail in Willows, with bail set at $39,000.

Conklin was traveling with two dogs and told deputies he had stopped at the strawberry stand to let them relieve themselves.

The dogs were turned over to an animal shelter which contracts with the county.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: ContraCostaTimes
Author: GREG WELTER
Copyright: 2009 Bay Area News Group
Website:Large pot haul found inside arrested man's vehicle - ContraCostaTimes.com

OK, fellow medicators, in todays lesson, we will use the above news article to help us learn some of the basic fundamentals of transporting "medicine".

1) It is only medicine if you are a registered MJ patient. Otherwise, resort back to the pre-Prop 215 era tactics of transporting and "be very cool"...

2) It would be a good idea, while transporting, to have a valid driver's license with no outstanding warrants. Actually, maybe it's a great idea.

3) Current tags on your vehicle would be right up there with repairing the broken tail light and adhering to the general rule of driving on the right side of the road.

4) When possible, avoid transporting your harvesting tools with your stash. Without the sure give away tools, there's a slim chance you can convince LEO it's lawn clippings. Yea, I know, very slim.

5) Stopping along your departure/arrival route is not advised if you deemed any of the above 4 not to be at least mildly crucial. If you choose to stop for any reason other than fuel, you are exibiting an extreme low level of sensibilty and overall failure to comprehend or grasp reality. A polite way of saying you are being majorly stupid.

6) If you have failed to comply with all of the above, hell, go ahead and refuse to comply with Leo also. Why ruin a perfect record?

7) No, having pets in your vehicle while transporting doesnt help you 'blend in" and if arrested, your pets go to jail also which makes you a strong candidate for a thorough ass beating...End of todays lesson :peace:MF

if you got a bitch in heat inside your car, drug sniffing dogs have just become worthless, not a bad idea really. :peace:

Good point Weedpipe.lol :roorrip:

if you got a bitch in heat inside your car, drug sniffing dogs have just become worthless, not a bad idea really. :peace:

WP...I think youre giving the guy way too much credit. In this case, the drug sniffing dogs would simply be overkill.

If I were a highly trained drug-sniffing canine and I rolled up on this one, I would look at my master and think "You brought me out of my warm kennel for this? For pete's sake, it's right there on the back seat! Jesus LEO dude, are ya blind? Isnt it enough ya got me fetchin donuts for your dumb ass every morning?" :peace: MF

Two garbage bags of freshly cut bud, plus tools? Where the heck was he going with that? I'm casting my vote that this guy was a ripper, not the person that grew it. No grower with any sense would do that with his/her fresh bud that they've grown indoors--it just defies logic, IMHO.

Two garbage bags of freshly cut bud, plus tools? Where the heck was he going with that? I'm casting my vote that this guy was a ripper, not the person that grew it. No grower with any sense would do that with his/her fresh bud that they've grown indoors--it just defies logic, IMHO.

Ah, the ever-awareness of the Irish Orchard Lass! Nothing gets by her. You may be spot on grow girlie. After all, the perp's "credentials" arent exactly going to set new standards for "pillar of the community", is it? But why take dogs to a rip party? Was the Ripper doin the dirty deed while the Fido gang insured no one steals the getaway car? One can only wonder...:peace: MF

Ah, the ever-awareness of the Irish Orchard Lass! Nothing gets by her. You may be spot on grow girlie. After all, the perp's "credentials" arent exactly going to set new standards for "pillar of the community", is it? But why take dogs to a rip party? Was the Ripper doin the dirty deed while the Fido gang insured no one steals the getaway car? One can only wonder...:peace: MF

He drives an '88 Honda for crissakes, which speaks of his financial means. I'm betting that he doesn't live anywhere but in his car when he's not camping in someone else's yard or home. The dogs were just innocent bystanders that had nowhere else to be at the moment, is all. When you don't have your own yard, where else would they be? In fact, I'm betting it was one of those homes that extended hospitality that he got the bud from.

Of course this is all conjecture as I think it up, not based on any fact, but would explain a lot about "Charlie Schitzo", his dogs, his bags of fresh weed and the tools he allegedly "harvested" with.

:nomo:

MF said:
I think youre giving the guy way too much credit.

sorry, should have been more clear, just meant that if 1 were to have a bitch in heat that it would be a good countermeasure ... :peace:

Thank the goddess he was'nt near a school...:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom