LED Grow Journal

Personally, the latest I'll cut clones is 1 week into flower. Most strains are just hitting their stretch or in the middle of it at this point, but haven't started 'flowering' yet (just massive veg growth). I usually try to cut a week or so before I start the plants in flower but that all depends on how fast the clone chutes grow out, sometimes I'll have to start them under the HPS for a bit to get them to stretch/branch some before I can cut.

I could probably do a Google search on the scientific stuff but then, I just don't feel like it right now. :grinjoint: Some people can clone flowering plants with great success (it just takes longer to revert/reveg the clone) and with no problems, some growers even do it on purpose to supposedly increase plant vigor and yield, and *maybe* trim a few days off the final flowering time, I don't know if that's conclusive or not. I can't recall the name of the technique, something-cropping (NOT supercropping).

calikind72, I have read in other journals from a second generation grower, and he does not take his clones till the 21'st day of flowering and he swears by it. One, it coincides with his 21 day trim or defoliation. Two and most importantly, it promotes way more node growth and tighter node growth. He says after you try this once, you will never take a clone in any other way. Just passin on info, good luck.

sorry guys, been busy and lagging on getting these pics up.
it seems to be going good, the plants are flowering and i can see more and more crystals every day. i wish i had used a string grid to spread out the different branches as they were growing, because now i have a lot of very closely spaced buds, i think it would have been better to let these guys grow wider. its still pretty sweet!

top_view12.jpg

Week 8

still_growing1.jpg

Week 8

i kept the distance between the light and the top of the plants at about 2.5 feet
at week 9 and i changed the grow schedule from 18 hours of light/day to 12 hours of light/day

week_91.jpg

Week 9 - After a nice trim

week_101.jpg

Week 10 - Second big trim

The bottom part had started to bud a few weeks earlier, but now the rest of the plant really started to bud after the couple trims

week_12_5.jpg

Week 12 - top view

week12_3.jpg

Week 12

week12_4.jpg

Week 12 - G8-450 LED grow light turned off for this picture

They are very bushy. Probably would have been better to spread the branches as they were growing. There are a ton of buds all bunched up together.

Back
Top Bottom