Light cycles?

NCDude

My first grow is coming along, six plants in soil, under flos. It's not going to set a record for yeild. but Im learning...

During the veg cycle, I used a 18/6, as advised by my local hydro store folks. Now, my buddies have the lights on 24 hrs!

Which is best for closet casses like me?

24/0 is FASTER. 18/6 saves electricity. BOTH WORK. Its your preference.

24hrs will increase very slightly on electric cost. 18/6 will save you of course. However, if you want fast growth go with 24hrs and lessen the use of electric around the house. Make sure you switched all your lights to CFL (they are not just for growing, they are for electric and money savings) 6500k (cool) or 2700k (warm) style depending on your spectrum taste for your place. If you are in a room and not utilizing the entire house/apt, use a fan instead of turning on the AC. That way the savings from house use will save you more than switching it to 18/6.

24/0 is FASTER. 18/6 saves electricity. BOTH WORK. Its your preference.

20/4 is a good compromise if it's going to cause you to lose sleep.

"I" believe plants need some sort of rest and just don't do the 24/0, but it's just my preference.

DD

I do 24 myself, and then 12/12.

I veg 20/4
Flower 13/11
The extra hour of light increases the flower cycle time, but also increases bud size and weight.
I also believe plants need some darkness.
IMHO

I had read somewhere while prowling grow forums where someone did some work and I believe in the end it was shown that 20/4 was the best and the plant does indeed benefit from some dark during vegging. The shitty part is I was kinda blazed and what I remember the most is that I'm convinced on 20/4.. But I can't come up with any specifics.. :hmmmm:

But I'm sure enough that when I fire up another grow it'll be 20/4.:grinjoint:

Indicana.

I veg 20/4
Flower 13/11
The extra hour of light increases the flower cycle time, but also increases bud size and weight.
I also believe plants need some darkness.
IMHO

:hmmmm: interesting... never seen someone do a 13/11 for flower... I thought that the plants needed 12 hours of dark...

has anyone ever tried stretching the day? like running 26 hour days? a 13/13 cycle? I think I read about it somewhere,,, but was too stoned, and now cannot find the thread/article... just curious to see if anyone has experimented with 'unorthodox' cycles..

:hmmmm: interesting... never seen someone do a 13/11 for flower... I thought that the plants needed 12 hours of dark...

has anyone ever tried stretching the day? like running 26 hour days? a 13/13 cycle? I think I read about it somewhere,,, but was too stoned, and now cannot find the thread/article... just curious to see if anyone has experimented with 'unorthodox' cycles..

Most strains will flower at anything less than 14/10 after vegging 20/4 or 24/0.

thanks, never knew that. reps. do you know what the pros/cons are for flowering at
14/10 vs 13/11 vs 12/12 ?

ps,, aren't the new emoticons great? :tokin: :hookah::lot-o-toke:

13/11 will take longer to flower, but gives higher yield.

11/13 will shorten flower cycle, but smaller buds and lower yield.

Back
Top Bottom