Light needed to clone for sex

Curly Beaver

I have read that clones should not be put under intense light until they have rooted but how much light is needed when you put the clone to 12/12 to determine sex of the plant?

I have had the clones I am trying to sex in with clones I just want extra of, now I am wondering if the ones that need to be sexed should have been put under the LED and not babied.

Second question, the way I understand it - you can tell when the clone is healthy enough to be put into the veg chamber when you can take it out of the humidified dome and the leaves do not curl after 2 hours. Is that correct?

Well I just took and rooted my first clones and I put them in my veg chamber just not directly under my lights more off to the side. If your growing under intense lights Just make sure they aren't directly in the light but still recieve some light thats what i was told. As to your second question i dont know about the leaf thing but once i saw roots growing out of the peat pellets i use i potted my clones and stuck em under the light and they are doing great now. Good luck to you in your endeavors good vibes your way

Hey Beaver

You can sex your clones under a CFL, they don't even need to have roots yet, just foliar spray them once or twice a day so they don't die and use a 12/12 light schedule.

As for pulling them out of the dome, so long as they don't wilt after a few hours, they are good to go. If they do wilt, mist them with water and they will recover :)

Hey Beaver

You can sex your clones under a CFL, they don't even need to have roots yet, just foliar spray them once or twice a day so they don't die and use a 12/12 light schedule.

As for pulling them out of the dome, so long as they don't wilt after a few hours, they are good to go. If they do wilt, mist them with water and they will recover :)

I'm gonna have a chance to check this out right now! Had a couple out that I thought were ready and the neighbor came over and I got busy....wilty they are!!!!

I'm gonna have a chance to check this out right now! Had a couple out that I thought were ready and the neighbor came over and I got busy....wilty they are!!!!

Be sure to use a "Warm White" CFL (2700K) bulb instead of a Cool White CFL (6500K) bulb.

Back
Top Bottom