Light problem

jmac2267

oh i have a 600w e ballast that i can use mh or hps bulbs. it is dimmable at 50/75/100, i keep it at 100 but when i chamge it to 75 or 50 i see the light dim a little but when i turn it up from 75 to 100 i dont notice a difference i did notice a change before but i noticed it would flicker and i changed it to 75 and the flickerimg stopped but it doesnt seem as bright aster i change it to 100. could the bulb be bad or the ballast. it is the buld that came with it. it has a air cooled hood that i have the exhaust through it.

my setup it ipower 600w e ballast and the exhaust is 6" filter, duct, fan, duct, air cooled hood, duct fan, duct to outside the tent. any thoughts? thanks

Yeah heat isn't a issue but I don't know if the light is at 100 since I don't see any change from 75 to 100. I don't know if it is set to 100 but functioning like it is at 75. I leave it 100 all the time and the only reason I dialed it down was because I seen the light flicker like someone was changing the dial down to 75 then back up to 100. It would flicker every second but stopped when I dialed to 75 but didn't seem to get brighter when I changed it back to 100. I read (don't know if it's true cause I'm not a light expert) that a mh bulb will show it goes bad by doing things and if it burns out it could damage the ballast. Or if the ballast is bad so I can get it replaced cause that breaker the light is on has gone out a few times in the last couple weeks. It's a old house and I rent so one breaker has 5 rooms on. I since moved all the fans, heater and humidifier to another outlet that's on another breaker and the light is on the same breaker that was tripping. But it has not tripped since I removed all that stuff to another breaker. Thanks Heady. All this shit and I can't even enjoy my harvest for a few months. Doh

you will not see a noticeable difference by turning the knob....it takes several seconds to minutes for the ballast and bulb to do their thing each time you turn the switch, it is not immediate....it is also advised to not turn the switch for 15mins after doing so to give ballast and bulb time to adjust....I have, but it's not advised

even Cfl's have to warm up to full brightness. Please don't look at the lights they will damage your eyes. The bulb can get damaged if your tuning it up and down while its heated up. And it will damage the ballast.

Thanks for the replies, I do wait awhile before switching, I'm never gonna touch it again, I have no need to. Also I don't look at the light directly, I would look at the tent floor and I can tell from the reflection on the floor. Is it safe to have the glass of the hood as close to plant as I can get , bout 3" above. The glass isn't hot at all and I have a oscillating fan so the top of hand feels warmth but it's not hot in the least since the fan will blow back and forth. I'm not overthinking but my plants have had slow growth and new growth is light green with dark leaf edges. I think it is a zinc deficiency. It turns out my ph meter may not have reading right, I bought a ph pen and now I have right around 6.6-6.8 ph in all 4 soil pots. I'll keep a eye on them.

also depending how old the light how bright it still is
HID's degrade over time
lotta people replace their bulbs yearly if they are using HID's

I keep at high all times, it's a brand new bulb. After this grow I will get a quality mh bulb and hps bulb. I think my eyes were playing tricks on me. They're growing great, bout to switch to 12/12

Back
Top Bottom