Lights too close?

pmarkwell

I am currently running a 1000W MH 9" away from my plants which are no taller than 10". There is no sign of burn at all, yet they seem to be growing a little slow. With the inline vortex fan running 24/7, the temp runs a pretty constant 82 degrees F at the tops of the plants (room temp is around 75). Is my light too close, will too many lumens hinder the growth of my plants? Thanks!

Sounds like you are good man. You could go a bit higher, but I really dont think it's hindering your growth. As long as the leaves dont look like they are drying. I would reccomend measureing the temp at the top leaves. If they are focusing all their water to the top to keep temps down, they may not grow as fast.

Are they useing a ton of water?

Cannabis is a light loving plant. You cannot give a cannabis plant too much light, the more the better.

What size containers are you using? If the plants have outgrown their containers this can account for slowed growth. Maybe its time for a transplant.

Thanks for the replies, guys. My plants are a foot tall and are currently in 1 gallon containers. I don't believe they are root-bound and only need to be watered every 2-3 days. I had what seemed to be a Mg deficiency but took care of that and all the new growth looks great, just slow growth. I use all organic Earth Juice products in a soil grow. I guess I just need to be more patient. :rolleyes3

Back
Top Bottom