Local ordinance....what to do

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Greetings....back at the first of the yr, City of Redding enacted an ordinance limiting patients to only belonging to a single dispensary/collective. While this seemed like a minor issue, it has become a bigger problem as one of the stains that addresses my stress/anxiety is no longer available at the dispensary I currently belong to. They are the only shop that carries a different strain (very berry haze) that works for the knee/shoulder problems I have.

So...I'm thinking about my options...being deal with stress and anxiety with something other than Blue Dream, or go to another dispensary (one I belonged to before Jan 1 and never formally canceled membership) that carries BD and other quality meds.

I wonder if the local PD would even know....they don't know or care if I shop for my prescriptions at Walgreens for some and Rite Aide for others, why should they care about my 215/420 meds

Unless they have a PC connected to a State health dept or similar county office how can they tell if you violate the one dispensary rule?
I would think if you have to switch for medical reasons no court in CA would punish you as long as you were not going to several and pushing reefer out the door in wheelbarrows.
Good Luck and keep us posted.

Wingman - The city PD is visiting the dispensaries and checking their records (ie patient id number vs. 215/420 rec expiration date) similar to how they monitor card rooms or pawn shops. Supposedly the accounting of how much meds came in/went out and checking to ensure they are functioning as a non-profit is also part of the 3x per year visits. I don't think they know names of patients - just id numbers, but Chief of PD made it clear he does not think HIPAA applies to 215/420 patients since it's a rec and not a script.

Just hate to have to deal with the battle...and not really in the mood to play "musical meds" while I try to figure out a good substitute. That's why I got off pharmaceutical drugs to begin with - tired of trial & error trying to find the right med. Only difference is the MMJ side effects are much more tolerable :loopy:

:peace:

I guess the solution was patience....the owner of the dispensary I have stayed with managed to track down a grower with some nice and frosty Blue Dream. He had e-mailed me about a donation for a charity bike ride I'm doing and when I stopped by to pick up the check, he said he found an oz. and had it set aside for me :smokin: Also told me he is going to get a few clones to grow himself so BD will become a "shop standard".

Loyalty pays off...I stayed with the same shop (probably one of the smallest in town - but some of the BEST strains), and not only did the owner go out of his way to find a "special request", I got a nice donation for my charity fund raiser too!!

:peace:

can't you unregister at the dispensary that doesn't have what you want then register at another dispensary. Better yet, just use a delivery service.

Back
Top Bottom