Magnum XXXL 6" vs. XXXL 8" Air Cooled Reflector

Ty13

I'm comptemplating which size of these 2 hoods to go with only because I'm a little limited on height. I have the area but I'm using 5 gallon buckets w/drip irrigation and hydroton so the bucket height is 17.25". My ceiling maxes out at 80.5"(6' 8.5").

This gives me a total of only 63.25"...maybe a tiny bit more of room once the plants are actually in the bucket.

Dimensions(LxWxH) 6": 32½" x 26¼" x 7¾". Glass is 32" x 26"
Dimensions(LxWxH) 8": 38½" x 29½" x 9½". Glass is 33 7/8" x 29 1/8"

I don't think I'm worried about the air flow/cooling as I have one 10" fan(@1226 CFM) that seems like it can take care of all 6 lights with the help of a booster.

I'm just a little torn on giving up almost another 2 inches in height by going with the XXXL 8". However, if you figure about 4'x4' for each 1K light, I barely fit into that area with 6 lights. The area I have for this flower room is more like 8'x12'.

So, will the extra area of the 8" reflector help compensate at all for the ~2" of height I'm loosing if I were to go with the 6" reflector in my already limited height constriction? OR is there not enough floor area space for the added area of the 8" reflector to even matter.

Mag. XXXL 8" OR Mag. XXXL 6" guys?!

You can keep the lights close to the plants like 1ft away with optimal cooling. So with the 8" being 2" taller would not matter and can offer more coverage. It cost more of course, along with ducting cost for 8" vs 6". Get it if cost and cooling is not an issue.

You can keep the lights close to the plants like 1ft away with optimal cooling. So with the 8" being 2" taller would not matter and can offer more coverage. It cost more of course, along with ducting cost for 8" vs 6". Get it if cost and cooling is not an issue.

If the 8" reflectors will keep them that much cooler than the 6" ones, that sounds like the way to go. There's 6 lights/reflectors needed but the difference in cost between the 8" and 6" Mag. XXXL's isn't going to make or break the budget. Thanks man, reps!

Back
Top Bottom