Maine: Proposed Bill Lets Cops Test For THC Using Breath Test

Jacob Redmond

Maine lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow police to test drivers for an active ingredient in marijuana.

A bill going before the Legislature's Transportation Committee on Tuesday would criminalize driving under the influence of marijuana at 5-nanograms. Penalties would be the same as for drunken driving.

The Sun Journal reports that other states are considering similar bills. Colorado currently uses the 5-nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood standard and Washington State uses a 25-nanogram standard.

The Maine bill includes several provisions that don't have anything to do with operating under the influence. The proposal would double the registration fee for antique vehicles and increase the fee for a duplicate learner's permit. It also increases weight limit under the definition of pickup trucks.

14033.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Proposed bill lets cops test for THC using breath test - WGME - Portland ME Featured - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic
Author: Web Staff
Contact: About WGME - WGME - CBS 13 - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic - Portland ME
Photo Credit: Wisegeek
Website: Home - WGME - CBS 13 - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic - Portland ME

Back
Top Bottom