Man Fights City Over His Mobile Pot Collective

An Inland Empire man is fighting Norco City Hall over his mobile pot collective. He was using his recreational vehicle to distribute pot for medicinal use outside a clinic.

For seven months, Stewart Hauptman operated his Collective-on-Wheels until the city of Norco shut him down.

"It's emotional. It's emotional — this whole fight is ridiculous. I'm not a dispensary. I'm trying to take care of sick people. That's what I'm trying to do," Hauptman said.

Hauptman said Norco has an ordinance that bans the distribution of marijuana in the city.

Hauptman's converted 1985 Pace Arrow motor home is now in the middle of a legal battle.

California state law says medical marijuana collectives are allowed but Norco's city zoning laws indicate otherwise.

Hauptman said he runs a collective not a dispensary - members only.

"They keep what they need for themselves and will last them for their time that they need to medicate themselves and the excess I buy from them to sell to new patients that come into a clinic," he said.

Hauptman was operating just outside a clinic where medical marijuana recommendations were being written.

Hauptman said his customers were in real need.

"Most of our patients are really sick, sick people who have some very bad chronic ailments," he said.

Hauptman has hired an attorney and a court date is set for June 1, where a judge will decide if the collective on wheels will stop rolling for good.

Hauptman is hoping for a compromise and some compassion.

"Allow me two days a week, three hours in those days a week...that's it. That's all I'm asking," he said.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: CBS2.com
Author: Juan Fernandez
Copyright: 2010 MMX, CBS Broadcasting Inc.

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Back
Top Bottom