Marijuana probs for the newbie

frumpy

alright so i got this marijuana plant from this person woot woot go me! :cool: - and i have no idea how old it is cuz i dont know when it was planted, etc. since im worried about them catching that it was me how early can i dry the whole mother and smoke :confused: ? i mean the plant is probably a little less than a month old but how early can i smoke this fucker? also i am wondering why my baby's leaves and branches are drooping so badly :( i dont know how much its been watered recently but so idk if its over watering... any help is greatly appreciated!! i will try to put up pictures but i dunno if ill be able to

can someone please answer the questions?

1.) i dont know whats wrong, my plants are dark green and drooping so bad. i dont know if i am watering too much or too little

2.) how do i know if they are male or female? the plant is about a month old so is this too young to sex it? also if its a male should i keep growin it and save the leaves flowers & pollen for use?

3.) when i look closely there are VERY tiny dark red spots on the stem of the plant, could this be caused by parasites or just from something else?

ALL help greatly appreciated

thanks - its growing outdoors in illinois so its using the sunlight i dont think thats an issue. also it is in a container for easy transport... i dont think it is too smalll cuz its around 18" across and 20" deep so i doubt thats a prob. i water it like 2 times a week cuz we have been getting a little rain not much though. on the sexing issue... is it even worth it to make shake from the males? like will it even be decent shake not just shwag?

male power!

I wouldnt smoke male FLOWERS if you have allergies -- thats where pollen comes from. Discard the male flowers.
We used to separate the harvest like this : Female buds #1, top half of female plants minus buds #2, lower half of female plant (leaves ) and all of male plants #3. Some males will vary in strength depending on strain, just like females. Males have thc, they just arent as potent. If your used to only good buds you will be disappointed, we were always glad for what we had.
RW

frumby I mean.. lmao sorry for the typodemons that stalk me :/ :) frumpy? sorry? lol sorry I am a bit.. high.. lol kewl

wow people are strange

i love the doors haha

but seriously do male human have babies? no! so why would make plants?! think about it... plants are different from peope but not THAT different- sheesh!

sure does. so is it best to do the "shock" treatment to the females? like during the dark hours, suddenly you turn the lights on for an hour then turn them back off. so that they'll produce seeds in their "survival" mode instead of sexing them with the male?

Yes that is where I found that bit of information. Have you ever tried the shock treatment to the female? I wouldn't want to cause harm to my girls.

Have you considered taking clones off of your babies that you KNOW are female, thus eliminating the need for seeds and the guesswork that goes along with it? After alll, clones are genetic duplicates of the mother plant, meanining it will be female as well, and produce similiar herb if given similar conditions..
-PM

Hawker, cloning is pretty simple. Thats cool. With cloning, however, you can have the freedom to trry new things, and dont have to worry about killing off your entire stock. For those who dont know, cloning is when you cut a branch off the plant, soak the bottom in rooting hormone, and place it into a rockwool pellet. If you let it sit under flourecent lights for a week or two, the roots will form and begin to stick out of the pellet, and you can plant it anywehere. It's an exact genetic duplicate of the plant it came from...meaning cloning it will produice the exact same female plant, much easier and reliable than seeds. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GROW!!!! Im stepping outside to hit one for ya ;-)
-PM

Back
Top Bottom