Massachusetts: Medical Marijuana Patients Can Soon Pre-Register In One City

Jacob Redmond

The New England Treatment Access medical marijuana dispensary in Northampton is scheduled to open in September, and patients with marijuana prescriptions are eager to have access to their medicine.

NETA met with potential clients who are interested in registering with the facility. NETA spokesman Norton Arbelaez told 22News, "This is medicine and not vice. For people to have this option as an alternative to pharmaceuticals, which in many cases could be fatal. It's incredibly important."

Arbelaez told 22News inventory control is at the core of the regulation process to keep the marijuana in the right hands. Inside the dispensary, the marijuana is weighed on scales, and is sold from terminals that track every ounce. Nothing is grown on Conz Street; it's all cultivated in Franklin, Massachusetts.

Security is tight. Once you check in, 24/7 surveillance video, and motion detectors track everyone inside.

One patient told 22News he currently cultivates his own marijuana to treat his tourette's and back pain, and it's a bit of a hassle. "I think it's going to be a lot less stress," says Matthew Dziedzic, a medical marijuana patient, "knowing that I don't have to grow something in my house that other people want. It's a lot easier and less stressful to know that it's put in somebody else's hands."

Medical marijuana patients can pre-register with NETA starting August 20th to ensure they receive their medicine on time.

The Department of Public Health keeps a close watch to make sure they comply with regulations.

15465.JPG

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical marijuana patients can soon pre-register in Northampton | WWLP.com
Author: Alessandra Martinez
Photo Credit: Gosia Wozniacka, The Associated Press
Website: WWLP.com | Western Massachusetts Breaking News, Weather and Investigative Reports

Back
Top Bottom