Medical Marijuana Defendant Aaron Sandusky Adjusts To Texas Prison

Truth Seeker

As Aaron Sandusky adjusts to his new environment at Federal Correctional Institution Big Spring in western Texas, he remains hopeful he will prevail on appeal.

The 43-year-old Rancho Cucamonga resident is serving a 10-year sentence after being convicted of violating federal marijuana laws. He was the president of the now closed G3 Holistic Inc. medical marijuana cooperatives in Upland, Colton and Moreno Valley.

Sandusky arrived in Texas on Friday after a weeks-long journey from the Metropolitan Detention Center in Los Angeles, where he had spent the last six months.

"I struggle every day. You want time to move fast but then it passes and it kills you to be inside, stuck in here," Sandusky said during a phone interview. "If I don't win this appeal I'm looking at settling down here and trying to find a way to pass the next 10 years. "

Sandusky's attorney, Roger Jon Diamond, has been working on his appeal.

He will claim Sandusky was not allowed to defend himself at his trial because he was barred from discussing comments from President Barack Obama and U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder about not pursuing medical marijuana dispensary operators in states where it is legal.

Sandusky said he has not spoken with Diamond since being transferred, but he is familiar with the appeal process and what will be transpiring.

He said he is housed on a 2,500-square-foot floor with about 64 other inmates.
There are 34 bunk beds that are "an approximate arms length away from each other, so it's really crowded," he said.

Sandusky said he will be given a job at the prison or can take training classes.

"You can't do nothing all day. They make sure you're involved in something all day. Either working or going to school. Those are your options," he said.

He said he hopes his friends and family will be able to send him letters.

He is also allowed one 15-minute phone call per hour.

Christopher Kenner of Alta Loma, a former G3 member, said he thinks officials are being rough on Sandusky to make an example of him.

"Why? Because he put himself out there," Kenner said. "He was against them and stood up to them. I think that's why he got the long sentence he got. In court, the judge had no problem with him staying in California and Victorville."

Kenner said since Sandusky's imprisonment he's had to drive to Los Angeles or get someone to drive to Los Angeles for him to get his medical marijuana.

"I don't feel safe for the local ones because they've been raided so often," he said. "San Bernardino County is working with the feds to get these places cracked down. "
Despite his conviction and sentence, Sandusky is not deterred in his support for access to medical marijuana.

"I absolutely regret none of it," he said. "If I could do it all over the same, obviously there would be a few things a little different, but nothing I regret absolutely at all in fighting this fight until the end."

Aaron_Sandusky.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: dailybullentin.com
Author: Sandra Emerson
Website: Medical marijuana defendant Aaron Sandusky adjusts to Texas prison - DailyBulletin.com

Back
Top Bottom