michigan governor?

free2blaze

well we have another person running for governor here in the state of Michigan, her name is Stacey Mathia, Stacey Mathia for Governor!
from her website for governor she seems to be saying alot of good,
but I didn't find anything related directly to her view on prohibition so I emailed her on 5-21-10 and she replied back today 5-22-10, I am going to post my email to her and her reply back to me,

my email to her

just to let you know I find your views very interesting, I personally have never voted for anyone, I don't know if it is a good thing for me to admit being that I am 42 years old but in the time that I have had an interest in politics I have yet to hear anyone speak words that give me a reason to want to vote, when a person running for office says one thing and does another after being elected (or basically lie to get elected) it is very discouraging, but I could see myself registering to vote for you from what I have read from your home page on your website for governor, but there is one subject that is of interest to me and that is the prohibition of marijuana in this state, honestly if your opinion is to be for the prohibition it is not likely to discourage me from possibly voting for you, it is just my opinion that the prohibition of marijuana use can not be justified, not only by this state but by the whole country, there has never been a documented death caused by an overdose of marijuana, it is physically impossible to overdose on marijuana, a person can easily overdose on water, and for that the prohibition of marijuana makes absolutely no sense to me, and no we shouldn't outlaw water, too many non violent marijuana offenders end up in jail costing all of us money for nothing more than there choice over there own bodies, if it isn't a crime against another person it should not be a crime punishable by a jail or prison sentence, so with that said what is your opinion on the subject and what would you do to change it if you would.

thank you
Michael Cain
Michigan resident.

and her reply.

Dear Michael Cain,
Thank you for becoming involved in the electoral process this year. When we answer emails, my running mate and I always lay it out on the line. We make it a point to refer to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights on any matter challenged to us. Therefore, we respond to your question accordingly;
First, the 10th Amendment tells us that, whatever is not delegated to the federal government in the Constitution, belongs completely to the States, or to the people. This tells us that nowhere in the Constitution does it give Congress the authority to regulate the drug industry. Congress can however regulate the taxes of them across State lines due to the Commerce Clause.
Second, you mentioned that elected officials have gone back on their word concerning this matter. This is because they want you to vote for them to do your job for you. Once they're in, they find some excuse that prohibits them from keeping their promises. We believe It's your job to pass these laws.
Basically, we believe that anything having to do with regulating drugs in any form belongs solely to the States respectively, or to the people. We believe this issue belongs to the people. This gives the people a voice, as they do indeed have access to their State government, and NOT their Federal government. We see this in the news every day. We continue to hold, that our State should turn all authority to legislate an herb into the hands of the Citizens of this State.
If the State takes one side over the other, this effectively disparages one side of the issue. This is counter to the true legislative process. Since both sides have valid arguments, it is the duty of those who would seek to legalize this herb to place an initiative on the ballot to legalize it. This is how It's supposed to be done in a Constitutional Republic. This makes the people participate in the law making process. This is a deep issue, and only the people of this State know what is best...not the government. If an initiative is placed on the ballot, and it does indeed pass, then the government MUST adopt it into law! Not even the Governor can Veto it. It can only be changed by another ballot initiative made by the people.
Our campaign is on a crusade to return freedom back into the hands of the people. The government has way too much authority over the people. From illegal taxations, to allowing the federal government to usurp our States 10th Amendment rights and control our lives, we must place the Citizen back on top of the food chain. You should also take note that our campaign has 40% of the Tea Party vote, which belongs to wounded Democrats. Yes...4 out of 10 Tea Party supporters are Democrats who found their party line no longer inhabitable. Our Constitution Party line benefits EVERYONE and people are recognizing this now.
Please take time to read the Articles of Freedom by the Continental Congress of 2009. We have signed this document, and it can answer most, if not any question you may have on any issue. After reading this document, you will know exactly where we stand on your rights. Read the Articles (.PDF)
In Freedom,
Stacey Mathia
for Governor of Michigan

Thomas Matos
Lt. Gubernatorial Candidate-Michigan

Re: michigan governor ?

Thanks for the post free2blaze.

I would re email her stating you are now registered to vote and this is "MY" issue I vote for. And try and get a SOLID stance stating she would vote for it? As she didn't even state if YOU did the politicians jobs who were ignoring its voters and got it on the ballot she didn't state she would even vote in favor of it.

Or even better to sponsor a bill, putting it on the ballot for the voters. If "WE" elected her in and helped push for her election. This is what I would like this section of the forum to push "WE" can put "YOU" in office with our support as I think we can, if the populace will participate in this Political section.

The problem I am seeing is a lot of politicians using double speak to where they are not stating flat out I support this "Cannabis". Until they do this they do not have my vote, but she is putting a good stance on wanting more "States" rights which is what will change much of the drug war.

I think that you said you don't vote didn't give her a reason to make a "Binding" statement that opponents could use against her.

I stand by this in the very first post in this section.-
I personally believe that failure to answer questions or give comment on the Cannabis-Hemp Prohibition and Medical issues is a Black List offense in the Cannabis-Hemp World of Voting.

Once the politicians start seeing this happening.
Quote-
Newcomer Rand Paul, son of Republican congressman Ron Paul, defeated establishment candidate Trey Grayson, in part, because of his support for medical marijuana laws.
Opposing Views: Medical Marijuana Support Helps Rand Paul to Victory

I believe we need to make up a statement for everyone to send to all of their elected and running officials to get their stance on this matter with a link back to this forum once we have more content, to show that we will blacklist non supporters and support "Our" supporters and once they (Politicians) see what is happening (people getting voted in because of their "Stance" of Pro Cannabis) at that point we will see real change.

I would like to Thank You and everyone who has participated in this forum and all those who have contacted their officials.
We will make change and we will have this personal freedom many need to live a "Comfortable" life.

thank you MedicalNeed for the reply, I will be registering to vote in the coming days as I seriously hope this lady gives me a solid reason to vote for her, I will re email and ask her if she will support and vote for change to the laws in favor of legalization.

Back
Top Bottom