Moist weed = Harsh hit

giezzi92

is it normal for slithly too moist weed to be really harsh when you smoke it with a bong? when it's too dry i don't mind, but when it's moist it burns my lungs like hell, is this normal?

Harsh is from the green part of the plant. That usually comes from plants being harvested too soon or fed with chemical fertilizer high in Nitrogen.... or both.

This is why down the stretch your plants should be turning colors and dropping fan leaves.

Harsh is from the green part of the plant. That usually comes from plants being harvested too soon or fed with chemical fertilizer high in Nitrogen.... or both.

This is why down the stretch your plants should be turning colors and dropping fan leaves.
if i dry it it tastes good... but according to the interent it's "too dry"

You can add a hydrometer to your stash container. I typically store/cure my stash at 62% RH and it stays there closed in the container. I will take out what I wanna puff the day before and leave it set out and it will dry further prolly into 55-58% RH the next day and its perfect.

Harshness has a lot to do with chlorophyll content in the leaves.

Most people run too much N late in flower as mentioned above as well as proper curing. Shouldn't be harsh because of moisture. What is the RH?
i don't have a moisture meter, only thing i can say,even if i dried it a bit more it started tasting a lot smoother

Back
Top Bottom