Montel Williams

Zeke

did you guys know he tokes, he has medicinal, i forgot where i heard that from. i think it was in teh news section.

Yeah, he has been a support of medical marijuana for quite some time now, and yeah, he was recently on the news because he is once again speaking up for medical MJ, i think he uses it for MS or something.

b/c its the first, and best, step towards decrim/legalization... we gotta start somewhere and the best place is to show that it has medicinal benefits and isnt as "bad" as the g'ment tries to make it out to be.

who cares about medical marijuana?
Uh...the thousands of people who use it legaly for chronic pain and debilitating illness. I smoke medical marijuana for my degenerative corneal diease, my grandfather takes it for his cancer recovery, my grandmother takes it for her spinal cord injury, and I care quite a bit about the subject actualy.
it makes way more sense just to decriminalize it.
Well, since the effor to totaly legalize it has gotten us nowehere in the past 70 years of prhibition, yet marijuana for MEDICAL USE was voted into law in 1996, Id say you are dead ignorant on the process of legalizing marijuana, and that it's a process that needs medical decrim in order to progress total decrim.
i really dont care for people who just support medical marijuana.
Well, im sure the many cancer pateitns, aids patients, and people who suffer from chronic pain appreciate your compassion. I bet youd change your mind if you were to sit down face to face with my grandfather and tell him you dont care about medical pot, the only drug thtas allowed him to live as long as he has.
TO the topic starter: If you go to POTTV.com and do a search for MONTEL WILLIAMS, you will find a free download of a show he did a year or so ago all about medical pot and why he uses it. He is a legal med pot user in NY, CA, and Canada.
-PM

It's pretty cool to have people on our side, of such a respectable nature.
A poll of adults middle aged and oler concluded that
72 percent of respondents agreed with the statement, "Adults should be allowed to legally use marijuana for medical purposes if a physician recommends it."
So once society as a whole starts to understand that people who smoke pot arent just criminals, druggies and vagrants.

^^word^^ i think i saw that episode but i am also pushing for it so i can take it for my back pain and ADD

Qwho cares about medical marijuana?
Ai do as do other medical patients. it helps alot.
it makes way more sense just to decriminalize it
it is decrimilized in california all you can get is a ticket for under 29 grams.

My bad in saying Montel was a NY patient. I know he is very active in trying to GET NY medical marijuana laws.

ANd Tokin....I would never have thought weed would help for ADD, but some friends of mine who have it function 100% better when they smoke marijuana then if left unmedicated. They say it helps calm them and focus their minds.
-PM

Stoned Stoner said:
NY has medicinal marijuana?

No, but they're working on it.

Thepurplem0nkey said:
My bad in saying Montel was a NY patient. I know he is very active in trying to GET NY medical marijuana laws.

ANd Tokin....I would never have thought weed would help for ADD, but some friends of mine who have it function 100% better when they smoke marijuana then if left unmedicated. They say it helps calm them and focus their minds.
-PM

I believe he has a MMJ recommendation for California. :smokin:

punk_rock said:
no it doesn't, but it is decriminalized there

I don't believe so but they are working on decriminalizing it for Medical users, read below.

This is the latest from NY State..

Troy, NY (May 15, 2005) - The passage of an on-time budget by the state Legislature this year has cleared the way for action of bills that have languished in limbo for more years than we care to count.

And that's good news. The better news is that our legislators are taking their jobs seriously this session and acting on long-dormant matters.
One concern that has been prominently featured for several years is the passage of a law that would allow the medical use of marijuana in the state, and it would be a humanitarian law that is long overdue.
(Also checked with NORML and no.. nothing in NY.. sorry.)

SptyOty said:
Yeah, he has been a support of medical marijuana for quite some time now, and yeah, he was recently on the news because he is once again speaking up for medical MJ, i think he uses it for MS or something.

Yeah I remember him talking on a news show about it. Was awhile ago though.

SptyOty said:

Yes, he has MS. I'm not a fan but we share the same disease. We use it for spasms, which, simply put, is a wicked ass pain in your muscles.. and it calms one.. which is good for MS peeps, cause stress inflames the symptoms (sp?).

Back
Top Bottom