Most growth: what stage?

JustCurious79

I read here that the cannabis plants grow the most during the early second half of their lifetime. I was under the impression, however, that the veg stage was the most important regarding how big they finally grow (the same source also says to take clones during last weeks of flower). Sounds a little messed up if you ask me. What do you say about this?

I would say the vegetative state is when the plant is most vigorous, if, of course, the grower is doing a good job. In my experience different methods and tactics can increase how fast a strain grows in veg, however not much if anything will speed up flowering. If it's an 8 week strain then that's just what it is.

Not sure what source you were reading, but I'd say stick with 420mag to be safe ;)

I was told that clones can and should be taken during veg.

Also, I posted about how to get to a target height of 5'. The response was that they will double or tripple during flowering so a good height would be about 2'. But keep in mind that flowering may be a longer process, so it's not just the rate of growth but how long they are growing.

The reason for my asking about when to go into flowering is that you must go thru all the flowering process or you'll ruin the product. It seems like the real control (over height) you have is mostly in the veg stage.

Not true my fellow grower the plant has, what is called stretch, when put into flowering you may notice a slight delay and what seems light a year for them to do anything, but once they fully kick into bloom a normal plant should go 1-2 times the size it was when you flipped the lights, now some sativa that have a longer flowering period I.E. up to 13 weeks as mine the breeder say they can go 2.5 to 3 times so there still can be alot of growth after they are flipped. As for clones I have heard 21 days into flower is also a good time to take them. It is some trial and error and that is what makes us a better grower. As for heigth in veg for me it is more of a way to shape the plant to my grow area and the other plants, I do this will LST. Which also helps produce more budding sites as does a SGROG screen. So there are many different styles, play with it have fun and let the plant form to your grow area, one plant can fill a meter squared no problem done right, Peace OG.

And HEIGTH does not always mean more yeild indoors, the lower portion of the plant is not getting addiquit light, but if you make more of the plant the top, by LST or SCROG, you will see a big difference per plant.

Back
Top Bottom