Mothering Feeding Question

HAPPY GRASS

How's it going, I have 2 mothers in 3 gallon grow bags about to go into 5 gal pots. One L.A. Confidential and the other is Master Kush. Both of them in 50/50 Fox Farms O.F. & Happy Frog soil. I've only been using Grow Big and small traces of Cal Mag, should I add anything else to my tea? These are the nutriens I have;

FOX FARMS Nutrients
Grow Big
Big Bloom
Tiger Bloom

FOX FARMS Boosters
Open Sesame
Beastie Bloom
Cha Ching

AURORA

Oregonism

Any Suggestions...

Any information containing the nutrients that I have is appreciated, or anything else that is in the market is great help as well.

if you go this route then start off slow then build up the ppm count.or start : quarter strength then go from there. High nitro diet. watch the calmag if you go high nitro, it can cause a lockout if you over due it.

My mothers use 3 part g.h as a base additives are hygrozyme, roots excelerator, carbaload, magi cal and penetrator w/ liquid light as a foliar program every 3 days.

hopes this gives you an idea or somewhat of 1.

plus my soil (F.F.O.F W/ PERLITE 70/30) has seabird guano that has a high nitro npk as well.

For my FFOF soil grows I successfully used:

For veg I considered full strength to be:
GrowBig at 15ml per gallon with Cal-Mag plus at 5ml per gallon

After 1.5-2 weeks from seed I would feed 1/4 strength of above. If it liked it next watering I would go to 1/2 strength. Then I would wait until 2 more waterings and move to 3/4 strength. each time keeping a close eye on the plant. If the tips get crispy no biggie. Just leave her be and water next time around.

Once the plant was a good size 6+ nodes I would maintain full strength each watering.

I would keep this regime into 12/12 up until about 10-14 days in when buds start to form. Then I switch it over to Bloom feeding:

For bloom

I would run 15-20ml Tigerbloom and 5ml C/M+ every watering (which was usually about every 3-4 days with 5 gallon buckets.

at 3 weeks prior to harvest I would run canna PK13/14 at recommended dose on bottle (cant remember what it is off my head).

Then flush 1.5 weeks out and feed only water until harvest. Never used the cha ching etc and always had great yields. All I can say about using them is use light and work up I see a lot of folks burn up their plants following FF recommendations with those solubles.

Thanks for the info Budz, but I think I had the on how to feed all the way through. SO far I've done ok, first harvest in about a week or so. My problem is knowing what to feed a mother in vegetative state for a long time. Its been up for about 4 months now and I'm just wondering if there is anything besides Grow Big & C/M that I should be adding?

when moms are in a veg cycle for so long you have to make sure they get a good flush every so often, cause your feeding them the same nute for so long salts tend to bulid up faster.The only additives that you need t o be up on is the nitro this is what will help produce the internodes that will intern eventually become clones.when i start a mom i let the side growth out til at least 3 nodes are on, then take cuttings but trim at the top of the first node. This will help produce nodes out that spot which will cause more double your shoots.JUST A TIP.

Thanks for the info Budz, but I think I had the on how to feed all the way through. SO far I've done ok, first harvest in about a week or so. My problem is knowing what to feed a mother in vegetative state for a long time. Its been up for about 4 months now and I'm just wondering if there is anything besides Grow Big & C/M that I should be adding?

Should be good just with GB and Cal-mag.. I actually only feed every third or fourth watering or when she looks like she may be a little hungry. My mom plant is also about 4 months old I believe.

Thanks for the help Budz & Butcher, I just didn't wan't to wait for the next deficiency to come arround to fix. I was also wondering how often do I have to prune the roots of a mother in a 5 gal container?

thats a good call happy!!

definetly desreve a + rep for the lessons you've learned.

i've never pruned a plants root in a 5 gallon i've either let them just grow or switch out to a larger container.Why do your ladies look like thier getting rootbound?t hats the only time i really suggest to do ANY pruning to roots.Only if thier dead, but if your using a product like hygrozyme the dead root mas becomes food for the new roots.

Thanks for the help Budz & Butcher, I just didn't wan't to wait for the next deficiency to come arround to fix. I was also wondering how often do I have to prune the roots of a mother in a 5 gal container?

Not sure. .. My guess would be when its growth slows down too much. Mine is in a 2 gallon or so and its been growing at a steady pace. I've cut about 4 or 5 sets of clones from it now over 4-5 months. I just always leave nodes to reproduce and now have tons of branches to clone from. My mom was a flowering clone so it as crazy branches and most likely a smaller root mass than a mom from seed would have.

Back
Top Bottom