Multi tent ducting system analysis request

BillMcneal420

I have a pair of tents in play.
5x5x7 and a propagation tent 4x2x5. The 5x5 has a6in in line and large phres filter. I want to put a fan and can in the propagation station. My thinking is that I can vent the air into the bottom of the large tent. Any advice on this? I'm going to get the same fan that is rated 450 cfm.

Also a separate question, how much space should I have between the wall and the tent to allow for max passive air flow. Would the venting of the small tent into the large negate the concern of passive air intake?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SHARE YOUR ADVICES.

*ALL POSTING ARE STRICTLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY*

You could put one tents outtake to another's intake, but it would be less fresh air in your second tent. If you're going with 2 fans, I'd just give each tent their own seperate exhaust ducts.

You could also go with a shared ducting line and single fan, but you're basically cutting cfm in half for each room. Run a single line from your fan and use a T connector for the second tent. You could control resistance in the ducting lines to adjust cfm for each tent, but it gets a bit complicates.

IMG_20150930_040015.jpg

For space behind tent at your intake, as long as air flow isn't restricted. Around 6" from the wall should be fine. Or run an intake ducting line around the tent to a more open space. Or directly to an AC vent if heat is an issue.

Thank you got your reply. I got the second fan and filter for the smaller tent. When zipped up the tent is sucked in because the fan is pulling do strong, temp dropped into the safe zone. I'm not operating the large tent yet. My room has an air conditioner that will be on a timer and shut on and off all day to feed the ecosystem. The schedule is still to be determined.

If I put the exhaust from the small veg tent into the large 5x5 will air still pull in from the passive air let's on the 5x5 or just from the passive ports of the small tent?

My exhaust air is only a few degree warmer than ambient air due to led set up.

Air will still pull from other intakes unless the exhaust from the other tent is powerful enough to cause positive pressure. Thats where you may have problems with smell escaping. You want negative pressure in your tent to prevent air leaks. Depending on the fan sizes. Running a 6 inch exhaust fan out your 5'x5' and your other tent's 6 inch exhaust fan is pushing the same amount to air into your 5'x5'. You may need to close some of the passive intakes to prevent that positive pressure and smell leaks. Or a fan speed controller on your small tent fan and run lower cfm.

Fan speed controller, $20 pretty much anywhere. Run the first tent about half speed the second tent. Keeps that negative pressure to seal in the smells. Easy peasy.

Back
Top Bottom