My Crohn's Disease has met it's match!

Nice looking grow n00b2112. The topic caught my attention as my wife has Crohn's also and I am hoping my grow will help her out. Is the 2112 for the Rush album? The Ph is pretty important in Hydro as you have to make and maintain the right environment for a plant to flourish in water instead of soil.

I got my 420 scope in the mail. When I got a close look it was ready. About half cloudy half slight amber look. I got this one bud that has a pure white area on top. I was afraid it was mold, but it is a clump of trichomes. I freaked out on the amount I got on my first try.
IMG_66123.jpg
IMG_66123.jpg
IMG_66123.jpg
IMG_66053.jpg
IMG_66042.jpg
Albino_Bud.jpg
IMG_66003.jpg

Thank you Antics. I could not have made it without your help and encouragement. Like I said before, I wish I could share!!!

Nice looking grow n00b2112. The topic caught my attention as my wife has Crohn's also and I am hoping my grow will help her out. Is the 2112 for the Rush album? The Ph is pretty important in Hydro as you have to make and maintain the right environment for a plant to flourish in water instead of soil.

Thank you for the compliment. This medicine has saved my ass literally. Yes I am a huge Rush fan. Shows my age but I don't care.

Love the hanging bud pictures...:bravo:

I had 2112 on vinyl, and moving pictures on cassette tape when it was released....so dont worry on the age thing just means we grew up with good music and knowing that a 4 finger ounce should only cost $40 not the outrageous prices that have to be paid today.

Love the hanging bud pictures...:bravo:

I had 2112 on vinyl, and moving pictures on cassette tape when it was released....so dont worry on the age thing just means we grew up with good music and knowing that a 4 finger ounce should only cost $40 not the outrageous prices that have to be paid today.

Thanks. I almost made the rack too small but it turned out ok. Yeah I remember those days. I have seen Rush many times and still listen often. The 4 finger oz. was nice but mine usually had seeds back in those days. Back then we called the quality we are used to now hawian or California red hair. Lol.

I got the idea after seeing a picture somewhere. It was very inexpensive and used up some scrap wood. I sized it to fit in the cabinet and that is working great as far as controlling the temp, humidity, and air flow. I wasn't thinking because it ties up the cabinet as far as starting next grow. I am seriously considering a 4' x 8' tent. I want to grow some tomatoes and other vegetables during the winter anyway. The size of the buds is shrinking quite a bit as they dry. I would like to grow a strain that has super dense buds and a good yield. These buds are frosty and colorful but they are light and airy. I was hoping they would tighten up some as they dry but I think not. I am happy that I ended up with anything after some of the things that didn't go so well. The quality is good and I got a bit of experience. I really enjoy this hobby and will keep learning. Thank you again Antics!

Oh yeah they dry a lot. You lose about 75% of the weight when dried. Plus or minus depending on strain.

My buds feel airy too lol. I'm just starting to get a few decently dense nugs and colas, but I have tons of light airy buds. But they all smoke the same. In the end it's the total yield that counts... but that only counts if the potency is there.

Don't worry about the texture too much though. Not one person who smokes Cannabis would choose a dense huge nug with weak potency over the same weight in popcorn with the best potency available.

It's an addictive hobby at that. Enjoy your next grow!

Just joined 420 and found this thread - lots of common ground. I'm a long time psoriatic arthritis alumni going for my post doc in Chron's lately. Started with this herb and it's been a godsend. I'm into my second grow, and finding this information has been great.

I've started making herb tea with my buds, it seems to be the "killer app" for me so far. Smoking is great, but a nice hot cup of herb tea settles my gut when it's unruly.

Thanks for all the great info, please continue.
:Namaste:

That looks like a DWC setup to me. Keep water temps 65-68 and PPMS around 800 with R/O water. They can handle a PH swing into the low 5s for a short time.

As for crohns, my gastro dr told me that diet had nothing to do with it. Imagine that, a disease of the intestines not affected by the only thing that goes through them. I see a naturopath, follow an anti inflammatory diet , supplement correctly, take LDN, and coconut oil caps made in the magic butter machine and show no active signs of disease for 95% of the time. Symptoms return if I don't follow the diet, but that is my fault.

Once you get comfortable with the grow, try Capn style for phenomenal yields in a small space. The bigger the reservoir, the more stable the PH. I know DWC can have great yields, but if the water temp is not right, bad news. Good luck to you.

I actually quit smoking pot after 20 years, and 2 months later the crohns set in. I think it was keeping it in check for a long time

Edit, just seeing how old this thread is, apologies

Back
Top Bottom