My first hydro setup, I have some wonderings :)

bazooka

Hi guys..

Ive just started by first hydro grow. I planted my seeds for 14 days ago in Root Riots, and after 8 days, I moved them over to a Rainforest 236.

This is how them looks like at the moment:

IMG_019222.JPG
IMG_017118.JPG

I have planted 24 seeds. 8Xregular Northern Lights #5, 9Xregular Swiss Cheese and 4X femi.Master Kush.

Im planning to raise these plants big enough to keep a couple of good mothers, and harvest the rest. The plants which I choose as mothers, will be transplanted in their own hydro pots. My wish is to take 24 good clones every 4th week, which I will grow bigger in the RainForest, then flower in a tent with a Dutch Pot System.

I have a double setup of 2 sq.m Dutch Pot System in a Secret Jardin DR240. With a offset by 4 weeks, this will give me possible to harvest every 4rd week also.

My plants have been in the Rainforest for 6 days, and now Im a little bit worried. If you take a look at the the last two pictures below, you can see some of plants seems very weak, bending alot..

I had some trouble with the temperature, on some nights, the temperature have been up to 31 celsius( 89' fahr). And i forgot to let the doors of the cabinet where the Rainforest stays, stay open, so there've been some bad ventilation for some nights.

This is how they look today:

IMG_016315.JPG
IMG_016415.JPG
IMG_015821.JPG

IMG_015721.JPG

So my questions are:

1) how does my plants look like?

I have just filled the watercontainer once. I measured 1/3 of regular strength with FLORA nutes. In the instruction manual, it says use 1/2 strength for clones and seedlings. Im using the regular FLORA bloom/grow/micro system by 1:blushsmile:1.

The plants have been treated with 18/6 hours of light the last ten days, lights: 4x18 watt fluorescent light

Any tips for me on how to maintain the babies would be apretiated!!

and:

2) Since I have 3 strains in the Rainforest, how long can I keep them there, before I have to divide them from each other so the roots dont mix up??

I have a Dutch Pot System (just 1 for the moment, a second one is ordered) available, and 4 other hydro pots, where the finally mothers will be placed.

What I want is to make some good mothers, and if the space are available, I will grow the rest of the plants and harvest them.

Will I be able to grow the plants big enough to see the gender of my plants, before I have to seperate them??

Thanx for any advises/tips from you, guys.. :D:D

bazoo

Re: My first hydro setup, I have some wonderings.. :)

And another thing, the air coming from the Cortex pump, is pretty warm i think, can it be the reason why the plants got so weak, since they were so close to to the air..?

Also you should have a fan blowing across them from day 1. This will help them grow thick, strong stocks. IMO

Back
Top Bottom