My new grow room

George Mc

I'm hoping to start my third grow in about a month. I am working on modifying a closet on the back side of my house so the fan noise cannot be heard from the front of the house by the front door. I did two grows in the front of the house and was nervous everyday cuz you could hear the inline fan whistling like they do. So this time around I ripped all the shelving out of a small walk-in closet painted it bright white and am in the process of hanging the carbon filter and 6in inline fan and venting it into my attic. Of course I had to cut a 6 inch hole in the ceiling to vent. I just ran the fan at full blast with the closet door closed and the bedroom door closed and with the rest of the house quiet I could still hear the fan somewhat in the hallway which means I will not be able to hear it outside in the front of the house by the front door, which is good. The closet is also 5 1/2 ft Square compared to my 4 by 4 tent. I've also gained another 12 inch of height in the closet. Closet will definitely have negative pressure because it keeps pulling the closet door closed. I will install a couple of vents on the door and place some type of black cloth on the inside of the hole in the door to block light. I will have to test that theory once I cut my holes in the door though. But back to the smell, I've read good things about Ona and plan on trying this product in several areas of my home. Does anybody have any suggestions on which flavor to buy??? I've heard that some of those can smell like a commercial bathroom which I hate that smell. I believe they sell a flavor called Apple Crumb. They seem to have three other flavors but I'm not sure what any of them smell like. Who's to say the apple crumb smells good. So if anybody on this forum knows anything about these different flavors please let me know positive or negative. I was pretty paranoid having my grow tent in the front of the house and now that that's not the case I'm hoping my paranoia will subside.

I did test something though, while the inline fan was running in the closet at full blast I also turned on my fan motor on my central heating and air and I could not hear the inline fan going. What I'm getting at is if I'm expecting company I'm hoping between the carbon filter and the Ona would take care of any smells and running the fan motor in the ON position would drown out any other fan noises. I could entertain for a couple of hours and they could be on their way and not know anything that was going on. I've also been known to smoke a cigar from time to time so I could fire up that bad boy 30 minutes before anybody showed up at the house.

I don't know if there's a thread going anywhere suggesting different ways to disguise a grow.

I used a jar of ona on my first grow before I had the filters installed, it helped, I used the blue plain jar. It wasn't over powering, it did have a slightly commercial air freshener smell to it though. The Apple crumb is similar, it's not terrible. My biggest complaint is they didn't seem to last very long

I used a jar of ona on my first grow before I had the filters installed, it helped, I used the blue plain jar. It wasn't over powering, it did have a slightly commercial air freshener smell to it though. The Apple crumb is similar, it's not terrible. My biggest complaint is they didn't seem to last very long
They sell a 1 gallon size which I hope would last for a couple months. That gallon sells for $40.

Mine were technically the ona gel. I used a couple of baby wipe containers to split it up and put one by the front door and in the hall way outside my rooms. Your estimate seems close, I feel like it was a couple months before it was all gone. I had to refill them every week or so.

Back
Top Bottom